|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the book, _______ and transport innovation made accenting grandeur even easier for royal ceremonies.
2. According to the book, blacks were taught to mirror English ________ and non-commissioned officers.
3. Europeans inside of neo-traditions believed that they had respect for the local _______.
4. According to the book, royal ceremonials may have been an expression of national _______.
5. According to the book, much of European invented tradition arose in the last ________ years of the nineteenth century.
Short Answer Questions
1. The book also states that tradition was used by the ______ against the youth, who became susceptible to the Europeans.
2. During the time of the empress, Indian _______ were ordered into a hierarchy and new titles were created.
3. In 1857, the _______ cost the Mughal emperor authority and exposed the coercive basis of his power.
4. According to the book, the central figure of the assemblage ceremony was Lord Lytton, the _______.
5. The book states that blacks were taught ______ through monarchical traditions.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were the groups of people that mainly imported ideologies that would be used in Africa?
2. What did African chiefs stand to gain from using the neo-traditions being taught to them?
3. From 1918 to the time of Queen Elizabeth's coronation, what did the British believe about themselves?
4. What was the first stage of the British monarchy that occurred between the 1820s and the 1870s, according to the book.?
5. How was the cultural system spread in Africa, according to the book?
6. By looking at the ten aspects of rituals, what does David Cannadine believe can be uncovered?
7. How could the whites who colonized parts of Africa be described, according to the book?
8. Into what two groups was India divided in the middle of the nineteenth century?
9. How was the ceremony that incorporated India into Britain used?
10. What did Africa not have to offer as a society, which meant that they had to use a monarchy?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)