|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There were several ideas for merging the two cultures ritually. One of the experiments had to do with using the anthem "God Save the _____".
2. In 1877, Queen _______ was crowned Empress of India, effectively removing the last vestiges of power from the Mughal Empire.
(c) Elizabeth I.
(d) Elizabeth II.
3. According to the book, the African _______ used European neo-traditions to create a middle class.
4. Cannadine asserts that during the first period, monarchs could dissolve _______ and vote on membership in the House of Lords.
(b) The House of Representatives.
(d) The United Nations.
5. According to the book, _______ and transport innovation made accenting grandeur even easier for royal ceremonies.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author states that there were some _______ Indians and Europeans located in camps around the ceremony area.
2. According to the book, Europeans saw African customs through their own ______.
3. According to the book, _______ had the biggest media impact on the broadcast of figures of the monarchy including George V.
4. A committee of the assemblage used Indian cultural symbols to help assert the Queen's authority, thus the ceremony was held in _______, the Mughal capital.
5. According to the book, _______ III's children made him particularly hated by the public at large.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the nineteenth century English elites begin to think of the monarchy during that time period?
2. What happened as a result of the African empires coming so late, according to the book?
3. Describe the Indian Mutiny and what it meant for the British as well as for the Indians in that time period.
4. While the monarchical power was limited in the beginning of the British monarchy, what could they do in the first stage?
5. How was the cultural system spread in Africa, according to the book?
6. What was the first stage of the British monarchy that occurred between the 1820s and the 1870s, according to the book.?
7. From 1918 to the time of Queen Elizabeth's coronation, what did the British believe about themselves?
8. How might one describe the second stage of the British monarchy, which began when Victoria was made Empress of India?
9. What did the committee, headed by Thomas Thornton, seek to replace in India?
10. How was the ceremony that incorporated India into Britain used?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)