|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Africans saw the importance and power of European monarchical and ______ traditions and attempted to use them.
2. The author states that there were some _______ Indians and Europeans located in camps around the ceremony area.
3. One process the Europeans used was to spread the norms of _______ and attach them to various occupations.
4. According to the book, blacks were taught to mirror English ________ and non-commissioned officers.
5. The British East India company functioned in India in all of the following ways except _______.
(b) Religious leadership.
(d) Tax assessors.
Short Answer Questions
1. The book states that blacks were taught ______ through monarchical traditions.
2. According to the book, _______ and transport innovation made accenting grandeur even easier for royal ceremonies.
3. African custom was in a state of _____, meaning that there was a great deal of change.
4. The aspects of ritual dance and performance to be studied include all of the following except ______.
5. Europeans inside of neo-traditions believed that they had respect for the local _______.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the British East India Company initially want to do in India?
2. How did many see the cultural integration when the British were occupying India?
3. Who were the groups of people that mainly imported ideologies that would be used in Africa?
4. By looking at the ten aspects of rituals, what does David Cannadine believe can be uncovered?
5. How was the ceremony that incorporated India into Britain used?
6. What are the ten aspects of ritual that David Cannadine says should be studied?
7. Into what had the British turned themselves when they gave their monarch sovereignty over to India?
8. What did African chiefs stand to gain from using the neo-traditions being taught to them?
9. What did the committee, headed by Thomas Thornton, seek to replace in India?
10. From 1918 to the time of Queen Elizabeth's coronation, what did the British believe about themselves?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)