|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Welsh lineage included all of the following backgrounds with the exception of _______.
2. The author claims that invented traditions of the _______ revolution can be classified into three types.
3. The book that was challenged by the descendants of the kings was titled _______ of a Century.
4. The book asserts that the creation of invented traditions helps historians make sense of human relations in the _______.
5. The author asserts that the Anglican literature and the ______ Bible kept the Welsh language from decay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Both books were written by the same authors, known as the _____ Stuarts.
2. Hobsbawm asserts that the overtly or tacitly accepted rules of traditions must have a ______ nature.
3. According to the book, the stages of creating the Highland tradition included all of the following elements except _______.
4. The druids were a major part of the Welsh culture and were rediscovered during the time of the _________.
5. _______ decided that Welsh culture should be preserved and helped develop the invention of a tradition.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the three aspects of invented tradition that serve to keep it in place, according to this manuscript?
2. What are two of the general values that new invented traditions tend to inculcate, according to the book?
3. How does the author use the term 'invented tradition' in this manuscript?
4. What happened as a result of a loss of cultural self confidence, according to the book?
5. What did Welsh scholars and patriots rediscover about their past as they began to notice interest declining?
6. What was the story that was told about the Welsh in relation to Christianity and to the pagans?
7. What did the oldest part of the history say about the Welsh and the people of Wales?
8. What was abandoned during the time of the Welsh cultural decay, causing more troubles?
9. Why was it surprising that the Welsh cultural life was beginning to fall apart in the eighteenth to early nineteenth century?
10. What did the Highland Society of London have the power to repeal, according to the book?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)