|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, From a Death to a View: The Hunt for the Welsh Past in the Romantic Period.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author suggests that one of the aspects of _______ is the fact that they have an ideological function.
2. The Welsh lineage included all of the following backgrounds with the exception of _______.
3. The author suggests that all of the concepts in question 26 rest on what he calls social ________.
4. The author asserts that the Anglican literature and the ______ Bible kept the Welsh language from decay.
5. Hobsbawm claims that Sir Walter Scott and _______ promoted the Highland takeover.
(a) Colonel Stewart.
(b) Colonel Williams.
(c) Lieutenant Stewart.
(d) Lieutenant Williams.
Short Answer Questions
1. A number of ministers from all of the following backgrounds except ______, began to use Druidic theology.
2. According to the book, the basic type of invented tradition was called ______, which outlined the historical practices of a particular group.
3. Hobsbawm asserts that one of the factors that makes _______ unique is that they do not allow for variance in practice.
4. Both books were written by the same authors, known as the _____ Stuarts.
5. In 1773, _______ of Balenau published a book of medieval Welsh poetry that revived interest in the Welsh language.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)