|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Down: Part One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lila Mae respond to the summons back to base in Down: Part One?
(a) She lies about not hearing it in order to buy her time.
(b) She tells the dispatcher that she is taking her vacation time.
(c) She reports straight back to base to face the consequences.
(d) She goes to the press and claims that she has been framed.
2. What is Intuitionism?
(a) The belief that only one's intuition matters for knowing what is important in life.
(b) The practice of carefully studying maintenance records and extrapolating an elevator's condition.
(c) The practice of making educated guesses about the honesty of elevator inspectors.
(d) The practice of inspecting elevators by sensing what is wrong with the machine.
3. What does John decide to eat while at Lila Mae's apartment?
(a) A jar of jelly.
(b) An apple.
(c) Some leftover pizza.
(d) His own lunch.
4. Where does Lila Mae go to learn the details of the accident in Down: Part One?
(a) The Institute.
(b) Lift Magazine.
(c) Her apartment.
(d) A local bar.
5. What is Lila Mae's record for accuracy?
(a) She is accurate less than half the time.
(b) She is never wrong.
(c) She has an average rate of accuracy.
(d) She has an extremely high record for accuracy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jim and John work for?
2. Who is the Fanny Briggs Building named after?
3. What is Empiricism?
4. Who does Lila Mae think she sees in the library on some nights?
5. What is happening at in front of Headquarters when Lila Mae returns in Down: Part One?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)