|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Von Franz writes that in some fairy tales, a hero might inscribe what on the ground and call forth a demon who thus enslaves him?
(a) A square.
(b) A star.
(c) A circle.
(d) A diamond.
2. What can symbolize connection between two people, but it can simultaneously represent being enslaved?
(a) A feather.
(b) A crown.
(c) A ring.
(d) A heart.
3. What is the name of the adviser to the king in the kingdom Prince Ring and his dog travel?
4. Von Franz asserts that the number three is associated with what?
(a) The past.
(b) The future.
5. What comes over the prince and his men on their hunt in "Prince Ring"?
(d) A rainbow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Von Franz writes of the hero in the Russian version of "The Three Feathers" that he has overreached, and he lacks the subtlety required to harness one's what?
2. How many peasant women do the brothers find for their final challenge in "The Three Feathers"?
3. What is the name of the dog Prince Ring finds?
4. What does the princess turn into in the Russian version of "The Three Feathers"?
5. What differs about the king in the Russian version of "The Three Feathers"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is von Franz's interpretation of Dummling's descent into the trap door in "The Three Feathers"?
2. What is a common symbol in fairy tales, often leading the hero to a secret place? What meaning is held in this?
3. What is the hind symbolic for in "Prince Ring," according to von Franz?
4. What does the final challenge in "The Three Feathers" signify for von Franz?
5. What is the significance of the carpet in "The Three Feathers" to von Franz?
6. What does Dummling's response to the toad mean to von Franz in "The Three Feathers"?
7. Why does von Franz explain the princess is locked in the cellar in "The Three Feathers"?
8. What represents the shadow in the story "Prince Ring"?
9. How does Rauder serve the hero in "Prince Ring"?
10. What does von Franz write of the princess' display at the castle in the Russian "The Three Feathers"?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)