|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to the experience of two or more events that are apparently causally unrelated occurring together in a meaningful manner?
2. What differs about the king in the Russian version of "The Three Feathers"?
(a) He's young.
(b) He's evil.
(c) He's magical.
(d) He's married.
3. Carl Jung was perhaps one of the most well known pioneers in the field of ____ analysis.
4. What does the band of giants do after Prince Ring's trick?
(a) Jumps in the ocean.
(b) Kills Prince Ring.
(c) Kills Snati-Snati.
(d) Attacks the village.
5. According to Jungian psychology, what must the The Self acknowledge, learn from, and finally re-incorporate in order to create a unified Self?
Short Answer Questions
1. Von Franz writes that many fairy tales involve the hero following what to a secret and fantastic place?
2. In Chapter 5, Von Franz suggests that primitive people were fascinated by what?
3. What element has long symbolized eternity and longevity, according to Von Franz?
4. Who had put a curse on the princess in the Russian version of "The Three Feathers"?
5. In the final act of "The Three Feathers," the brothers challenge women to jump through what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What represents the shadow in the story "Prince Ring"?
2. What does Rauder do once Ring succeeds at his mission in "Prince Ring"? How does the story end?
3. Where does Ring travel with Snati-Snati in "Prince Ring"? What challenge do they meet there?
4. What does the number three represent, according to von Franz?
5. What differences are in the setup of the Russian version "The Three Feathers"?
6. What is a common symbol in fairy tales, often leading the hero to a secret place? What meaning is held in this?
7. What does von Franz write of the witch and the barrel in "Prince Ring"?
8. What is the challenge in the finale of "The Three Feathers"?
9. What does the final challenge in "The Three Feathers" signify for von Franz?
10. What does the burning of the frog-skin represent to von Franz in the Russian "The Three Feathers"?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)