|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to kill Prince Ring in his sleep?
(b) The king.
(c) The princess.
2. What refers to a group of systems, traditions, and beliefs which hold that the relative positions of celestial bodies and related details can provide information about personality, human affairs, and other matters?
3. What refers to the experience of two or more events that are apparently causally unrelated occurring together in a meaningful manner?
4. What is a word referring to a female deer?
5. All fairy tales have what kind of structure?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Snati-Snati in the end of "Prince Ring"?
2. What color is considered the color of nature, according to Von Franz?
3. What element has long symbolized eternity and longevity, according to Von Franz?
4. Von Franz notes that in asking for a carpet in "The Three Feathers," the king is actually asking for what?
5. What was on the horns of the animal hunted by the prince in "Prince Ring"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the hind symbolic for in "Prince Ring," according to von Franz?
2. What does von Franz write of the princess' display at the castle in the Russian "The Three Feathers"?
3. What does Dummling's response to the toad mean to von Franz in "The Three Feathers"?
4. How does Rauder serve the hero in "Prince Ring"?
5. What is von Franz's interpretation of Dummling's descent into the trap door in "The Three Feathers"?
6. What is the challenge in the finale of "The Three Feathers"?
7. What represents the shadow in the story "Prince Ring"?
8. Why does von Franz explain the princess is locked in the cellar in "The Three Feathers"?
9. What happens in the story "The Bewitched Princess"?
10. What does the burning of the frog-skin represent to von Franz in the Russian "The Three Feathers"?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)