|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Von Franz asserts that the carpet from "The Three Feathers" is a stand in symbolically for what?
2. Who included "Prince Ring" in The Yellow Fairy Book?
(a) Andrew Lang.
(b) Fritz Anderson.
(d) The Brothers Grimm.
3. What happens to Snati-Snati in the end of "Prince Ring"?
(a) He turns into a man.
(b) He turns into a woman.
(c) He vanishes completely.
(d) He turns into a bird.
4. What is the name of the dog Prince Ring finds?
5. Who had put a curse on the princess in the Russian version of "The Three Feathers"?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her brother.
6. What did the prince see inside the barrel in "Prince Ring"?
(a) An enchanted witch.
(b) A golden ring.
(c) A beautiful woman.
(d) A golden crown.
7. In number symbolism, odd numbers are what, according to Von Franz?
8. What does Von Franz determine to be the symbolic meaning of the golden ring in "Prince Ring"?
(a) The id.
(b) The shadow.
(d) The Self.
9. The fairy tale "Prince Ring" is traced to what origins?
10. What color is considered the color of nature, according to Von Franz?
11. What does the princess appear to be when she exits the cellar in "The Three Feathers"?
(a) A dog.
(b) A spider.
(c) A toad.
(d) A snake.
12. Von Franz asserts in Chapter 5 that life has ____, but they are not always easy to discern in the moment.
13. The princess' father in the Russian version of "The Three Feathers" represents what, according to Von Franz?
(a) A younger god.
(b) A witch.
(c) An older god.
(d) The mother.
14. What refers to a group of systems, traditions, and beliefs which hold that the relative positions of celestial bodies and related details can provide information about personality, human affairs, and other matters?
15. What can symbolize connection between two people, but it can simultaneously represent being enslaved?
(a) A ring.
(b) A feather.
(c) A crown.
(d) A heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Von Franz asserts that the number three is associated with what?
2. The carpet arises from what culture, according to Von Franz?
3. What refers to the primal Greek goddess personifying the Earth?
4. What is the hero forced to marry in the Russian version of "The Three Feathers"?
5. In her "The Three Feathers" analysis, Von Franz suggests that Dummling's descent into the trap door represents the descent into a person's ________ nature
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)