|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Von Franz determine to be the symbolic meaning of the golden ring in "Prince Ring"?
(a) The Self.
(b) The shadow.
(d) The id.
2. What does the hero burn in the Russian version of "The Three Feathers"?
(a) The feather.
(b) The ball gown.
(c) The golden ball.
(d) The frog-skin.
3. What can symbolize connection between two people, but it can simultaneously represent being enslaved?
(a) A crown.
(b) A heart.
(c) A ring.
(d) A feather.
4. Von Franz asserts that the carpet from "The Three Feathers" is a stand in symbolically for what?
5. What did the prince see inside the barrel in "Prince Ring"?
(a) A golden crown.
(b) An enchanted witch.
(c) A golden ring.
(d) A beautiful woman.
6. The carpet arises from what culture, according to Von Franz?
7. Where did the prince come upon a woman in "Prince Ring"?
(a) By a rainbow.
(b) By a statue.
(c) By a stream.
(d) By a seashore.
8. Von Franz maintains that the final act of "The Three Feathers" is a challenge to live "the _____ life."
9. What represents the ability of the Self to act on its own in "The Three Feathers," according to Von Franz?
(a) The ring.
(b) The king.
(c) The carpet.
(d) The woman.
10. All fairy tales have what kind of structure?
11. Von Franz implies the symbolism in the final act of "The Three Feathers" means that we, as individuals, must find the "inner center" of our what?
12. What refers to the experience of two or more events that are apparently causally unrelated occurring together in a meaningful manner?
13. What is the title of Chapter 7?
(a) "The Three Feathers" A Conclusion.
(b) Ego, Self, and Id in Fairy Tales.
(c) Shadow, Anima, and Animus in Fairy Tales.
(d) An Interpretation of Fairy Tales.
14. In number symbolism, odd numbers are what, according to Von Franz?
15. The fairy tale "Prince Ring" is traced to what origins?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is considered the color of nature, according to Von Franz?
2. Snati-Snati and Rauder are manifestations of what Jung referred to as what, according to Von Franz?
3. What does the princess create in the castle which sings folk songs in the Russian version of "The Three Feathers"?
4. Von Franz writes of the hero in the Russian version of "The Three Feathers" that he has overreached, and he lacks the subtlety required to harness one's what?
5. According to Jungian psychology, what must the The Self acknowledge, learn from, and finally re-incorporate in order to create a unified Self?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)