|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Von Franz implies the symbolism in the final act of "The Three Feathers" means that we, as individuals, must find the "inner center" of our what?
2. What refers to the experience of two or more events that are apparently causally unrelated occurring together in a meaningful manner?
3. What does the princess appear to be when she exits the cellar in "The Three Feathers"?
(a) A spider.
(b) A toad.
(c) A snake.
(d) A dog.
4. Von Franz asserts that the number three is associated with what?
(b) The future.
(d) The past.
5. The princess' father in the Russian version of "The Three Feathers" represents what, according to Von Franz?
(a) A witch.
(b) The mother.
(c) A younger god.
(d) An older god.
6. Witches were said to brew potions using what, according to Von Franz?
(a) Snake parts.
(c) Toad parts.
7. The fairy tale "Prince Ring" is traced to what origins?
8. Von Franz writes of the hero in the Russian version of "The Three Feathers" that he has overreached, and he lacks the subtlety required to harness one's what?
9. What can symbolize connection between two people, but it can simultaneously represent being enslaved?
(a) A heart.
(b) A crown.
(c) A ring.
(d) A feather.
10. Von Franz notes that in asking for a carpet in "The Three Feathers," the king is actually asking for what?
(b) Religious meaning.
11. What does the princess shed in the Russian version of "The Three Feathers"?
12. What does the princess create in the castle which sings folk songs in the Russian version of "The Three Feathers"?
(a) A deer.
(b) A wolf.
(c) An owl.
(d) A tomcat.
13. What was with the woman who the prince encountered in "Prince Ring"?
(a) A barrel.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A cage.
(d) An orangutan.
14. Who did the prince first encounter after coming ashore in "Prince Ring"?
(a) A dwarf.
(b) A giant.
(c) A witch.
(d) A princess.
15. What does Prince Ring put into the cooking pots of the giants?
Short Answer Questions
1. Prince Ring is given the task of taking what from a band of giants?
2. Snati-Snati and Rauder are manifestations of what Jung referred to as what, according to Von Franz?
3. What refers to the indefinite time period after the present?
4. What refers to both a philosophy and an ancient practice focused on the attempt to change base metals into gold?
5. Von Franz maintains that the final act of "The Three Feathers" is a challenge to live "the _____ life."
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)