|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, pages 114 through 163.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Carl Jung is often considered the first modern psychologist to state that the human psyche is "by nature" what?
2. How many "functions of consciousness" are there in Jungian psychology?
3. What term refers to an original model of a person, ideal example, or a prototype upon which others are copied, patterned, or emulated?
4. What refers to a succession of images, sounds or emotions that the mind experiences during sleep?
5. What differs about the king in the Russian version of "The Three Feathers"?
(a) He's magical.
(b) He's evil.
(c) He's married.
(d) He's young.
Short Answer Questions
1. In her "The Three Feathers" analysis, Von Franz suggests that Dummling's descent into the trap door represents the descent into a person's ________ nature
2. Who included "Prince Ring" in The Yellow Fairy Book?
3. What is the title of Chapter 4?
4. Von Franz establishes that the first step in evaluating a fairy tale is to determine its what?
5. What Finnish folklorist, professor and developer of the geographic-historic method of folklore research tried to find original versions by judging which tales were the best and most complete?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)