|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who responds the best to stories involving animals, according to the author?
(a) Young adults.
(c) Older adults.
(d) Young children.
2. One of the steps in interpreting fairy tales is to establish what among the characters?
3. According to Freudian psychology, what comprises that organized part of the personality structure that includes the individual's ego ideals, spiritual goals, and the psychic agency that criticizes and prohibits his or her drives, fantasies, feelings, and actions?
4. What is the third thing the toad gives to Dummling in "The Three Feathers"?
(a) A crown.
(b) A carpet.
(c) A baby toad.
(d) A ring.
5. What is the name given to processes whereby the undifferentiated tends to become individual, or to those processes through which differentiated components become integrated into stable wholes?
(a) Self visualization.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fairy tales are referred to as what kind of "system," that is, its meaning is contained in the tale itself, and not elsewhere?
2. What philosopher wrote of stories that old women told their children, called mythoi?
3. What term refers to a core pattern of emotions, memories, perceptions, and wishes in the personal unconscious organized around a common theme, such as power or status?
4. What term means to break down into constituent parts; dissect; dismantle?
5. How many sons does the king have in "The Three Feathers"?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)