|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of Types of Folk Tales?
(a) Adolf Bastian.
(b) Alexandria Watts.
(c) Ludwig Laister.
(d) Antti Aarne.
2. Marie-Louise von Franz bases much of her interpretation of psychology and fairy tales on whose theories?
(a) Hilde Domin's.
(b) Carl Jung's.
(c) Sigmund Freud's.
(d) Bruno Bettelheim's.
3. According to Freudian psychology, what comprises that organized part of the personality structure that includes the individual's ego ideals, spiritual goals, and the psychic agency that criticizes and prohibits his or her drives, fantasies, feelings, and actions?
4. Von Franz believes fairy tales originate as "local ___."
5. In Chapter 1, Von Franz writes that fairy tales "are the purest and simplest expression of collective ______ psychic processes."
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Von Franz, what figure in a tale represents a restoration of the accord between ego and self?
2. One Egyptian fairy tale is discussed in Chapter 1 which focuses on two brothers, Anup and who?
3. What term is synonymous with Carl Jung's central psychological archetype, the unified consciousness and unconsciousness?
4. In Von Franz' metaphor for myth and fairy tale, what might local sagas or myth be?
5. What is the name given to processes whereby the undifferentiated tends to become individual, or to those processes through which differentiated components become integrated into stable wholes?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)