|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, Von Franz writes that fairy tales "are the purest and simplest expression of collective ______ psychic processes."
2. What term is used to refer to the resolution of a story?
3. What is the title of the primordial waters of the cosmos, the mother from which the cosmos emerged in Egyptian mythology?
4. What term of analytical psychology, coined by Carl Jung, is proposed to be expressed in humanity and all life forms with nervous systems and describes how the structure of the psyche autonomously organizes experience?
(a) Collective conscious.
(b) Transcendental reality.
(c) Collective unconscious.
(d) Transcendental unconscious.
5. It is suggested by the author that Jesus was the spiritual successor to which Greek god?
Short Answer Questions
1. One Egyptian fairy tale is discussed in Chapter 1 which focuses on two brothers, Anup and who?
2. In Von Franz' metaphor for myth and fairy tale, what might local sagas or myth be?
3. What German philosopher, theologian, poet, and literary critic is associated with the periods of Enlightenment, Sturm und Drang, and Weimar Classicism?
4. What is the title of Chapter 3?
5. What is the name given to processes whereby the undifferentiated tends to become individual, or to those processes through which differentiated components become integrated into stable wholes?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)