|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, and Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of Types of Folk Tales?
(a) Antti Aarne.
(b) Adolf Bastian.
(c) Ludwig Laister.
(d) Alexandria Watts.
2. What individual broke the Greek Hercules mythology down and discovered that the myth was made up of a succession of fairy tales?
(a) E. Schywzer.
(b) P. Whillmore.
(c) A. Kohn.
(d) James Warzenberger.
3. The author asserts that while the myth bears a specifically _____ character, the fairy tale is free from such constraints.
4. What German philosopher, theologian, poet, and literary critic is associated with the periods of Enlightenment, Sturm und Drang, and Weimar Classicism?
(a) Alexander Pushkin.
(b) Johann Herder.
(c) Artur Dinter.
(d) Andrew Warner.
5. In describing the distinction between myth and fairy tale, Von Franz uses a metaphor of a skeleton to what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion is arose from local saga to mythological status, according to the author in Chapter 2?
2. At the end of the telling of a fairy tale, there is also often a "bringing back to" what, according to von Franz?
3. What term refers to the "ups and downs" of a story?
4. What term is used to refer to the resolution of a story?
5. Is it suggested by the author in Chapter 2 that Jesus was the spiritual successor of which Egyptian god?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)