|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, and Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What German brothers are important in the history of the fairy tale, as they collected, standardized, and then popularized European folk tales?
2. What religion is arose from local saga to mythological status, according to the author in Chapter 2?
3. What is the name of the Native American described in Chapter 2 who, deathly ill, had a vision of a great many horses and a dance of the tribe with those horses?
(a) Black Elk.
(b) Red Horse.
(c) Black Hawk.
(d) Black Fox.
4. Who contended that fairy tales were of Babylonian origin?
(a) E. Stuck.
(b) Sigmund Freud.
(c) Theodor Benfey.
(d) Alexander Payne.
5. Carl Jung considered the process of what necessary for a person to become whole?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who responds the best to stories involving animals, according to the author?
2. Who is the author of Types of Folk Tales?
3. Where had Marie-Louise von Franz given the lectures that were the basis of The Interpretation of Fairy Tales?
4. What term refers to an object or thing which represents something else?
5. What term refers to an original model of a person, ideal example, or a prototype upon which others are copied, patterned, or emulated?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)