|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, pages 114 through 163.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What philosopher wrote of stories that old women told their children, called mythoi?
2. What was on the horns of the animal hunted by the prince in "Prince Ring"?
(a) A golden scarf.
(b) A golden feather.
(c) A golden crown.
(d) A golden ring.
3. In what book was the story "Amor and Psyche" contained?
(a) The Golden Ring.
(b) The Golden Ass.
(c) The Silver Horn.
(d) The Yellow Grass.
4. What does Von Franz equates to the timelessness/spacelessness of the unconscious in fairy tales?
(a) The hero.
(b) The theme.
(c) The animus.
(d) Once upon a time.
5. Who contended that fairy tales were of Babylonian origin?
(a) E. Stuck.
(b) Alexander Payne.
(c) Theodor Benfey.
(d) Sigmund Freud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term of analytical psychology, coined by Carl Jung, is proposed to be expressed in humanity and all life forms with nervous systems and describes how the structure of the psyche autonomously organizes experience?
2. What happens to the peasant women when trying to jump in "The Three Feathers"?
3. What can symbolize connection between two people, but it can simultaneously represent being enslaved?
4. What is the title of Chapter 3?
5. How many sons does the king have in "The Three Feathers"?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)