|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, pages 114 through 163.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Carl Jung is often considered the first modern psychologist to state that the human psyche is "by nature" what?
2. What is the hero forced to marry in the Russian version of "The Three Feathers"?
(a) A frog.
(b) A spider.
(c) A dove.
(d) A snake.
3. What is the second thing the toad gives to Dummling in "The Three Feathers"?
(a) A goblet.
(b) A toad.
(c) A ring.
(d) A carpet.
4. Where does Dummling's feather fly to in "The Three Feathers"?
(d) The floor.
5. Von Franz writes that many fairy tales involve the hero following what to a secret and fantastic place?
(a) A ball.
(b) A feather.
(c) A snake.
(d) A spider.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Prince Ring put into the cooking pots of the giants?
2. Von Franz asserts that the carpet from "The Three Feathers" is a stand in symbolically for what?
3. According to Jungian psychology, what must the The Self acknowledge, learn from, and finally re-incorporate in order to create a unified Self?
4. Where had Marie-Louise von Franz given the lectures that were the basis of The Interpretation of Fairy Tales?
5. What does the princess create in the castle which sings folk songs in the Russian version of "The Three Feathers"?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)