|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, and Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which individual linked fairy tales to "elementary thoughts" and even "national thoughts," notions that might be precursors to Jung?
(a) Ludwig Laister.
(b) Adolf Bastian.
(c) Theodor Benfey.
(d) Kaarle Krohn.
2. In what book was the story "Amor and Psyche" contained?
(a) The Golden Ass.
(b) The Silver Horn.
(c) The Golden Ring.
(d) The Yellow Grass.
3. What individual broke the Greek Hercules mythology down and discovered that the myth was made up of a succession of fairy tales?
(a) James Warzenberger.
(b) E. Schywzer.
(c) P. Whillmore.
(d) A. Kohn.
4. Von Franz believes fairy tales originate as "local ___."
5. In describing the distinction between myth and fairy tale, Von Franz uses a metaphor of a skeleton to what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What term is used to refer to the resolution of a story?
2. What term of analytical psychology, coined by Carl Jung, is proposed to be expressed in humanity and all life forms with nervous systems and describes how the structure of the psyche autonomously organizes experience?
3. In Chapter 1, Von Franz writes that fairy tales "are the purest and simplest expression of collective ______ psychic processes."
4. Which Egyptian god was associated with the falcon?
5. According to the author, animals in fairy tales are anthropomorphized aspects of what?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)