|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, and Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to feminine essence buried in the unconscious of every man in Jungian psychology?
2. What is the name of the Native American described in Chapter 2 who, deathly ill, had a vision of a great many horses and a dance of the tribe with those horses?
(a) Black Fox.
(b) Black Hawk.
(c) Red Horse.
(d) Black Elk.
3. What German philosopher, theologian, poet, and literary critic is associated with the periods of Enlightenment, Sturm und Drang, and Weimar Classicism?
(a) Artur Dinter.
(b) Andrew Warner.
(c) Alexander Pushkin.
(d) Johann Herder.
4. Where had Marie-Louise von Franz given the lectures that were the basis of The Interpretation of Fairy Tales?
(a) Zurich Psychological Institute.
(b) Newark Psychological Institute.
(c) Sigmung Freud Institute.
(d) C.G. Jung Instistute.
5. One of the steps in interpreting fairy tales is to establish what among the characters?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the king of the gods in Greek mythology?
2. What religion is arose from local saga to mythological status, according to the author in Chapter 2?
3. Von Franz establishes that the second step in evaluating and interpreting a fairy tale is to determine its what?
4. What is the title of Chapter 3?
5. What term refers to an original model of a person, ideal example, or a prototype upon which others are copied, patterned, or emulated?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)