|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, and Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term refers to a core pattern of emotions, memories, perceptions, and wishes in the personal unconscious organized around a common theme, such as power or status?
2. In the Preface of The Interpretation of Fairy Tales, Marie-Louise von Franz writes that this book is based on lectures she gave over how many years ago?
3. What is the name of the Native American described in Chapter 2 who, deathly ill, had a vision of a great many horses and a dance of the tribe with those horses?
(a) Black Elk.
(b) Red Horse.
(c) Black Fox.
(d) Black Hawk.
4. In what book was the story "Amor and Psyche" contained?
(a) The Golden Ass.
(b) The Silver Horn.
(c) The Yellow Grass.
(d) The Golden Ring.
5. At the end of the telling of a fairy tale, there is also often a "bringing back to" what, according to von Franz?
(b) The beginning.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, animals in fairy tales are anthropomorphized aspects of what?
2. What religion is arose from local saga to mythological status, according to the author in Chapter 2?
3. Carl Jung is often considered the first modern psychologist to state that the human psyche is "by nature" what?
4. Carl Jung considered the process of what necessary for a person to become whole?
5. Who responds the best to stories involving animals, according to the author?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)