|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, and Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had Marie-Louise von Franz given the lectures that were the basis of The Interpretation of Fairy Tales?
(a) C.G. Jung Instistute.
(b) Zurich Psychological Institute.
(c) Newark Psychological Institute.
(d) Sigmung Freud Institute.
2. In what book was the story "Amor and Psyche" contained?
(a) The Golden Ring.
(b) The Yellow Grass.
(c) The Silver Horn.
(d) The Golden Ass.
3. How many "functions of consciousness" are there in Jungian psychology?
4. What philosopher wrote of stories that old women told their children, called mythoi?
5. Mythologies and legends differ from fairy tales because they have many what, according to the author?
(a) Cultural overlays.
(b) Character types.
(c) Story structures.
(d) Different outcomes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term is synonymous with Carl Jung's central psychological archetype, the unified consciousness and unconsciousness?
2. What does Von Franz equates to the timelessness/spacelessness of the unconscious in fairy tales?
3. What is the title of the primordial waters of the cosmos, the mother from which the cosmos emerged in Egyptian mythology?
4. Who was the king of the gods in Greek mythology?
5. What term refers to a core pattern of emotions, memories, perceptions, and wishes in the personal unconscious organized around a common theme, such as power or status?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)