|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term is synonymous with Carl Jung's central psychological archetype, the unified consciousness and unconsciousness?
2. One of the steps in interpreting fairy tales is to establish what among the characters?
3. What German philosopher, theologian, poet, and literary critic is associated with the periods of Enlightenment, Sturm und Drang, and Weimar Classicism?
(a) Artur Dinter.
(b) Johann Herder.
(c) Alexander Pushkin.
(d) Andrew Warner.
4. Where does Dummling's feather fly to in "The Three Feathers"?
(a) The floor.
5. Which individual tried to interestingly link dreams with fairy tales, though he had none of the psychoanalytic or Jungian vocabulary to assist him?
(a) Theodor Benfey.
(b) Kaarle Krohn.
(c) E. Stuck.
(d) Ludwig Laistner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the king first tell his sons to bring him to prove their worth as heir in "The Three Feathers"?
2. What is the second object the king asks his sons to find in "The Three Feathers"?
3. What individual broke the Greek Hercules mythology down and discovered that the myth was made up of a succession of fairy tales?
4. The author states that there are those that believe in the theory of the "decayed myth," that is, larger myths "decay" and break down over time, fragmenting into episodes that get retained as what?
5. Who is the protagonist of "The Three Feathers"?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)