|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, pages 114 through 163.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In number symbolism, odd numbers are what, according to Von Franz?
2. Von Franz suggests that one should not be what about a fairy tale interpretation in Chapter 3?
3. Von Franz establishes that the first step in evaluating a fairy tale is to determine its what?
4. Prince Ring is given the task of taking what from a band of giants?
(a) Golden trinkets.
(b) A diamond ring.
(d) A treasure chest.
5. What is the title of the primordial waters of the cosmos, the mother from which the cosmos emerged in Egyptian mythology?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Von Franz determine to be the symbolic meaning of the golden ring in "Prince Ring"?
2. What term refers to the "ups and downs" of a story?
3. What is a word referring to a female deer?
4. Witches were said to brew potions using what, according to Von Franz?
5. What does Von Franz equates to the timelessness/spacelessness of the unconscious in fairy tales?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)