|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, pages 114 through 163.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is considered the color of nature, according to Von Franz?
2. What happens to Snati-Snati in the end of "Prince Ring"?
(a) He turns into a man.
(b) He turns into a woman.
(c) He turns into a bird.
(d) He vanishes completely.
3. It is suggested by the author that Jesus was the spiritual successor to which Greek god?
4. Von Franz establishes that the second step in evaluating and interpreting a fairy tale is to determine its what?
5. What does Von Franz determine to be the symbolic meaning of the golden ring in "Prince Ring"?
(a) The Self.
(b) The shadow.
(c) The id.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the steps in interpreting fairy tales is to establish what among the characters?
2. What term refers to the "ups and downs" of a story?
3. What is the name given to processes whereby the undifferentiated tends to become individual, or to those processes through which differentiated components become integrated into stable wholes?
4. What in "The Three Feathers" represents the anima, repressed in the psyche, psychically buried?
5. What element has long symbolized eternity and longevity, according to Von Franz?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)