|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hypothesizing about infant experience requires the use of an unobserved "_____ quality" in order to make an inference.
2. The term _______ emergence is used as a way to think about how the infant at this stage experiences the world.
3. _________ in theories of developmental origin, according to Stern, should be maintained.
4. ________ affects are those affects which can be communicated through art and through behavior.
5. Clinical and parental view tend to converge in believing the child has an active subjective life including ______.
(a) Changing objective experiences.
(b) Changing emotions.
(c) Lack of participation in the environment.
(d) Changing vision.
Short Answer Questions
1. The self with the other is a _________ experience, including merging, fusings, security gratification, and more, according to the author.
2. Experiences of being with an other are active acts of _________ which come about due to the active integration process.
3. According to the book, at around 8 weeks, infants begin to make direct _______ contact.
4. Self-_________ becomes tied to the behaviors of the self-regulating other because they occur together.
5. Stern describes several realms of experience without making any of them primary including all of the following except ______.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)