|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the needs of infants at this stage is for ________, usually provided by the parents.
(a) Physiological regulation.
(b) Movement regulation.
(c) Behavior regulation.
(d) Eye movement regulation.
2. According to Stern, the sense of the emergent self has ______ main parts that participate.
3. Infants must understand the idea of __________, or their execution of the act and the ability to change between the two realities.
4. With language, the self and the ________ can now relate in an enormous number of ways and with shared varied meanings.
5. Infants begin to utilize various means in order to shift _______ and thus to create shared experiences, according to the author.
Short Answer Questions
1. Experimenters have found that the attunement process often occurs beyond ___________, as found from speaking with and researching mothers.
2. Regulation through the Freudian notion of the _______ is always present, according to Stern's findings.
3. Stern thinks that more prospective ______ that test hypotheses that age-specific insults will predict later pathology in specific domains are needed.
4. Stern sees the sharing of ________ states as the most important and the most clinically observable aspect of intersubjective relatedness.
5. From 6-9 months of age, infants begin to consolidate a core sense of self that is no longer ______.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)