|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Some Clinical Implications, Chapter 10, Some Implications for the Theories Behind Therapeutic Reconstructions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The term _______ emergence is used as a way to think about how the infant at this stage experiences the world.
2. During the sense of a core self stage, the infant has a more wholly integrated mode of _______.
(a) Mental interaction.
(b) Social interaction.
(c) Scholastic interaction.
(d) Physical interaction.
3. Stern asserts that there are some elements of the sense of self that exist prior to language use including all of the following except ______.
(a) Temporary continuity.
(b) Sense of agency.
(c) Permanent continuity.
(d) Physical cohesion.
4. _________, according to Stern, might result from difficulties translating information from one modality to another.
(a) Family problems.
5. According to the book, recent research indicates that the infant is capable of having a sense of self and ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ________, however, needs a sense of self-coherence in order to make sense of the senses of self-agency.
2. During the phase characterized by a sense of subjective self, infants can utilize all of the following capacities except ______.
3. The developmentalist picture helps to account for the lack of differentiation of experience including ______.
4. When the interpersonal world changes, the experience of __________ becomes possible for the infant.
5. The subjective self is the part of development which occurs when an infant finds they have a ________ and that others do as well.
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)