|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, The Four Senses of Self, Chapter 6, The Sense of a Subjective Self, I, Overview.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The _________ is an experience of being in the presence of a self-regulating other, according to the research of this book.
(d) Evoked companion.
2. The first sense of a self created in the first 8 weeks will remain active for _______.
(a) The first year of life.
(b) The first twenty years of life.
(c) The first ten years of life.
(d) The rest of life.
3. Agency, coherence, affectivity, and continuity must be __________ within the infant and memory may provide the answer.
4. During the seventh to ninth month of development, infants are ________, but they can still create experiences that are shared.
5. Evidence is beginning to show that _________ can recognize the intersubjective stages in others as well.
Short Answer Questions
1. From 6-9 months of age, infants begin to consolidate a core sense of self that is no longer ______.
2. There is some debate about how the elements in question 10 relate to the sense of self including all of the following ideas except _______.
3. ___________ psychology has neglected the idea of intersubjective relatedness in regards to infants, according to the author.
4. Interpersonal ________ then transitions from overt actions to the internal subjective states behind those behaviors.
5. According to the book, Stern focuses on the sense of self because it can generate a/an ________ pattern of awareness.
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)