|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, The Four Senses of Self, Chapter 6, The Sense of a Subjective Self, I, Overview.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Evidence is beginning to show that _________ can recognize the intersubjective stages in others as well.
2. The domain of intersubjective relatedness arises from something called _______ attunement, according to Stern.
3. According to the book, Erickson suggested several stages of development that included all of the following except _____.
4. In the first eight weeks of life, Stern believes that infants form a sense of a/an ______ self.
5. According to the book, at around 8 weeks, infants begin to make direct _______ contact.
(c) Eye to eye.
Short Answer Questions
1. The _________ of RIGs becomes a representation that is assigned a set of retrieval cues, according to the author.
2. Self-_________ becomes tied to the behaviors of the self-regulating other because they occur together.
3. The _________ is an experience of being in the presence of a self-regulating other, according to the research of this book.
4. The child experiences organization through two forms, _______ perception and constructionistic efforts.
5. From 6-9 months of age, infants begin to consolidate a core sense of self that is no longer ______.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)