|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, The Four Senses of Self, Chapter 6, The Sense of a Subjective Self, I, Overview.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The _________ is an experience of being in the presence of a self-regulating other, according to the research of this book.
(c) Evoked companion.
2. The basic unit of memory is a coherent ________ which is an indivisible unit containing perceptions, affects, and actions.
3. According to Stern, the sense of the emergent self has ______ main parts that participate.
4. According to the book, Stern focuses on the sense of self because it can generate a/an ________ pattern of awareness.
5. Stern asserts that infants in the emergent stage have _______ and cognitive processes that are not easily separated.
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ psychology has neglected the idea of intersubjective relatedness in regards to infants, according to the author.
2. The first sense of a self created in the first 8 weeks will remain active for _______.
3. From birth to two months of age, the _____ is employed to relate diverse experiences, affects, perceptions and events.
4. The book claims that subjective infant experience can be ascertained through the study of ______.
5. There have been several revolutions in _______ that have enabled the formation of new experimental paradigms.
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)