|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Teresa say she is able to see clearly the ways she has strayed from Him while she has dwelled with Him?
(a) the moment she wakes from her vision
(b) the moment she feels the warmth of His presence
(c) the moment she opens her eyes the next morning
(d) the moment in which God instills deep secrets in her soul
2. From what strange source does Teresa find joy?
(a) being fed by the Hand of God
(b) being cured of her physical ailments
(c) being free from physical labor
(d) being persecuted for her King
3. To what does Teresa compare one's faith?
(a) a ship afloat on the ocean
(b) a light at the end of a tunnel
(c) a crystal containing healing powers
(d) a sword to slay evil
4. What serves to intensify the scrutiny with which she views herself and considers her own shortcomings?
(a) her need to feel forgiveness
(b) her swift transitions
(c) her increased knowledge of God
(d) her fear of overlooking some transgression
5. What does a vision coming from God do for the soul?
(a) makes her recount all her shortcomings
(b) inspires her to get lost in loving God
(c) makes her equal to God Himself
(d) makes her aware of His anger and wrath
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Teresa qualify the marriage?
2. Ending the Chapter on the Sixth Dwelling, what is Teresa's emphasis on?
3. Why is Teresa limited in what she can do by way of teaching others what she knows?
4. What does Teresa say about God allowing evil spirits to tempt one at the Sixth Dwelling?
5. When does she say the vile creatures of temptation may return?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Teresa say about remaining humble in light of the temporary nature of the world?
2. How has joy given Teresa a kind of death?
3. How does Teresa describe the physical state of the body during her raptures?
4. What is the experience in the rapture that requires bravery?
5. What revelation comes to Teresa at the center of herself while in communion with God?
6. What are the beneficial effects of spiritual pain on the earthly body?
7. What occasions the intensity of greater pain during this time of greater closeness to God?
8. What does Teresa have to say about tears that spring form the raptures?
9. What frustration comes to Teresa as she progresses in intimacy with God?
10. What are the six reasons not to ask for a gift that another person has been given.
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)