|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Even at this point, what is Teresa's warning to her sisters?
(a) to be sure to remain in the bridal chamber
(b) to be cautious about offending God
(c) to keep the betrothal a secret
(d) to remember to tell everyone about their experience
2. What does Teresa recognize is the only thing that can pull her from her God?
(b) her spiritual advisers
(c) the Inquisition
3. What happens when God presses the glowing ember into her soul?
(a) It does not catch fire.
(b) It makes her glow fiery red.
(c) She falls like a heap of ashes.
(d) She feels pleasure instead of pain.
4. What serves to intensify the scrutiny with which she views herself and considers her own shortcomings?
(a) her need to feel forgiveness
(b) her fear of overlooking some transgression
(c) her increased knowledge of God
(d) her swift transitions
5. What does Teresa say about God allowing evil spirits to tempt one at the Sixth Dwelling?
(a) He will send his angels to help fight the temptation.
(b) God would never allow that.
(c) He will not allow them into that area of the castle.
(d) He will be sure they are defeated.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Teresa say she is able to see clearly the ways she has strayed from Him while she has dwelled with Him?
2. What does Teresa say the encounters with God feel like?
3. What sets intellectual visions apart from all others?
4. What does Teresa say the spirit of evil does?
5. Why does Teresa return to the analogy of the butterfly as she discusses the effects of her marriage?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)