|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, does Teresa say, is the distinction between this rapture and the last in Dwelling Five?
(a) this one is painful when it happens
(b) this one is harder to return from
(c) this one makes living much more painful
(d) this one is faster
2. What does Teresa say intensifies the pain?
(b) self knowledge
(c) God's condemnation
3. According to Teresa, what is the condition when voices are heard?
(a) deepend ecstasy
(b) frequently signs of mental imbalance
(c) complete concentrations
(d) communication of the saints
4. In her brief moments of encounter with God, what emotion results afterward?
(a) a serious confusion of purpose
(b) an ever deepening longing for God
(c) great doubt that anyone will believe her
(d) fear that they might never happen again
5. What can the mind not comprehend after the communal experience with God?
(a) where the body has been during the experience
(b) how the soul can re-enter that communion
(c) what the meaning is of the experience
(d) anything that does not awaken the impulse to love
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the condition of her soul that gives her confidence to enter the bridal chamber?
2. What knowledge gives Teresa comfort?
3. What happens when God presses the glowing ember into her soul?
4. What does Teresa recognize when she experiences a soul-filling fragrance?
5. When does Teresa say she is able to see clearly the ways she has strayed from Him while she has dwelled with Him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Teresa say about remaining humble in light of the temporary nature of the world?
2. What are the beneficial effects of spiritual pain on the earthly body?
3. What does Teresa identify as a reward for enduring trials of the Sixth Dwelling?
4. How has joy given Teresa a kind of death?
5. How does Teresa explain the anguish and unrest of the soul in the Sixth Dwelling?
6. What are the six reasons not to ask for a gift that another person has been given.
7. How does one recognize a vision not from God?
8. How does Teresa describe the physical state of the body during her raptures?
9. What is the experience in the rapture that requires bravery?
10. What occasions the intensity of greater pain during this time of greater closeness to God?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)