|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In that rapture, what does Teresa say she is allowed to do?
(a) know what it feels like to die physically
(b) feel a spiritual orgasm
(c) glimpse into the mind of the Beloved
(d) observe the final, most intimate dwelling for just a moment
2. What is the condition of her soul that gives her confidence to enter the bridal chamber?
(a) in total annihilation
(b) in the state of grace
(c) completely transparent
(d) in spiritual perfection
3. How does Teresa describe those brief encounters with God?
(a) floating on calm waters
(b) lilting melodies of peace
(c) thunderbolts of unmistakable contact
(d) swoons of passion
4. What does she come to know by sight that the Church only knows by faith?
(a) the three distinct Persons of the Trinity and their perfect unity
(b) the kid of food they eat in heaven
(c) the beauty of heaven
(d) the awesomness of the angels
5. What sets intellectual visions apart from all others?
(a) knowledge of good and evil
(b) knowledge of the service required of one
(c) knowledge of the Scriptures
(d) knowledge of the constant companionship of God
Short Answer Questions
1. What, does Teresa say, is the distinction between this rapture and the last in Dwelling Five?
2. In those moments of ecstasy, how is the soul whisked away by God?
3. After doing something wrong, what amazes Teresa?
4. What does Teresa say about God allowing evil spirits to tempt one at the Sixth Dwelling?
5. What serves to intensify the scrutiny with which she views herself and considers her own shortcomings?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)