|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a vision coming from God do for the soul?
(a) makes her aware of His anger and wrath
(b) inspires her to get lost in loving God
(c) makes her recount all her shortcomings
(d) makes her equal to God Himself
2. How does Teresa describe the feeling of unrest in the soul?
(a) hunger like after a forty day fast
(b) pain like a flaming arrow piercing the body
(c) confusion like being lost in the woods
(d) emptiness like a spilled glass
3. What does Teresa say the soul engages in after the espousal in Dwelling Six?
(a) painful lamenting
(b) radiant celebration
(c) over indulgence
(d) days of solitude
4. What comes to her as she recognizes her ever increasing responsibility and passion to be of service to a God?
(a) guilt for shortcomings
(c) more visions
5. What are the tokens of each visit to Dwelling Six?
(a) the ways she is given to recall everything
(b) the glow that surrounds her like a halo
(c) the images that are planted in the brain
(d) the things that stimulate her appetite for her betrothed
Short Answer Questions
1. Even at this point, what is Teresa's warning to her sisters?
2. How does Teresa say she is affected by her trials?
3. What does her focus on her inner temple now bring Teresa in the Seventh Dwelling?
4. About what does Teresa suggest getting advice if one is commanded to do something during the Sixth Dwelling experience?
5. What serves to intensify the scrutiny with which she views herself and considers her own shortcomings?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Teresa describe the soul as it comes into its most intimate contact with God?
2. What are the beneficial effects of spiritual pain on the earthly body?
3. How does Teresa describe the rapture of the Sixth Dwelling?
4. What is a recommendation of Teresa's on meditation?
5. How does Teresa describe intellectual visions?
6. Even at this high state, what caution does Teresa offer?
7. Describe the metaphor of the ember in preparing one for marriage to God.
8. How does one recognize a vision not from God?
9. At this Seventh Dwelling stage, how are Teresa's experiences with god different?
10. What admission does Teresa make regarding the hearing of voices?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)