|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is there no relief from while the soul is experiencing this pain on earth?
(a) enjoying it or escaping it
(b) the time it takes or the way it grows
(c) avoiding it or concealing it
(d) losing it or finding it
2. What does Teresa recognize is the only thing that can pull her from her God?
(a) her spiritual advisers
(d) the Inquisition
3. What is the difference in the reminders she gets now when her spirit flags and the times she first encountered the pain of awareness?
(a) easy experiences instead of the pain like before
(b) rapid flights back to the Seventh Dwelling
(c) sudden flashes of truth
(d) self-recognition of what she needs to do
4. What is the metaphor Teresa returns to in order to explain the feeling in the soul of ever-increasing anguish and unrest?
(a) the butterfly looking for a place to land
(b) the silkworm trying to spin its cacoon
(c) the elephant looking for a place to sleep
(d) the butterfly trying to emerge from the cacoon
5. Even at this point, what is Teresa's warning to her sisters?
(a) to be cautious about offending God
(b) to remember to tell everyone about their experience
(c) to keep the betrothal a secret
(d) to be sure to remain in the bridal chamber
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the benefit of this marriage that is still not complete?
2. Even though the change it works in her is permanent, how does Teresa say she can describe the contact with the Beloved?
3. What does Teresa say she was doing that sometimes caused her to forget the simple guideline of getting to God?
4. If a voice she hears causes her to linger in worship and increases her devotion, what conclusion does Teresa draw?
5. What are the tokens of each visit to Dwelling Six?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)