|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Teresa say she is able to see clearly the ways she has strayed from Him while she has dwelled with Him?
(a) the moment she feels the warmth of His presence
(b) the moment she opens her eyes the next morning
(c) the moment in which God instills deep secrets in her soul
(d) the moment she wakes from her vision
2. What does Teresa suggest looking for in a spiritual adviser?
(a) one who is both educated and discerning
(b) one who can keep a confidence
(c) one who has had similar experiences with prayer
(d) one who believes in miracles
3. What must the formerly rich man do when he is reduced to poverty?
(a) take up a new religion
(b) realize that he has sinned
(c) curse God and die
(d) to maintain faith that God works wisely for his good
4. What does she think about what she has to say in this book?
(a) that there is too much information for only one book
(b) that no one will understand what she says
(c) that she cannot write what she does not know
(d) that she has already said everything in other books
5. Where might the voices heard during meditation come from according to Teresa?
(a) souls in Purgatory
(b) external sounds in the background
(c) heavenly choirs
(d) a source that is less than divine
Short Answer Questions
1. In this Fifth Dwelling state, what does the supplicant now desire?
2. After doing something wrong, what amazes Teresa?
3. What is the final activity in the Sixth Dwelling, according to Teresa?
4. With whom does Teresa suggest the sisters share such intense relationships with God?
5. What teaches the soul by quick impression a thousand different things equally hard to explain, according to Teresa?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)