|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Teresa say a person who prays must do?
(a) lie prostrate on the ground
(b) light candles to help the prayer ascend
(c) make confession before prayer
(d) turn attention away from earthly treasures
2. Where does Teresa say her words come from?
(a) the Beloved
(b) the Bible
(c) the visions she has
(d) the Saints
3. What serves to intensify the scrutiny with which she views herself and considers her own shortcomings?
(a) her increased knowledge of God
(b) her need to feel forgiveness
(c) her swift transitions
(d) her fear of overlooking some transgression
4. What metaphor does Teresa introduce about the Fifth Dwelling?
(a) the way an ant collects food for the winter
(b) the way a bee works tirelessly for the queen
(c) the way a silk worm tirelessly works for the benefit of people
(d) the way a herd of elephants stay together
5. With whom does Teresa suggest the sisters share such intense relationships with God?
(a) people who will keep them secret
(b) anyone who asks
(c) their confessors
(d) the whole world
Short Answer Questions
1. What if someone makes elaborate sacrifice and asks special gifts from God?
2. To whom is THE INNER CASTLE addressed?
3. Why is grief of putting to death the silkworm worth forging through?
4. What does Teresa say makes the Prayer of Recollection necessary?
5. After doing something wrong, what amazes Teresa?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)