|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At this level, what is engaged that takes the soul directly to the Beloved?
(a) the fear
(b) the intellect
(c) the habit
(d) the will
2. Why are these Fourth Dwelling places deeper and more and more beautiful?
(a) because they are more expensive
(b) because they are not internal
(c) because they are nearer to the King
(d) because they require more maintenance
3. What does Teresa say the soul engages in after the espousal in Dwelling Six?
(a) radiant celebration
(b) days of solitude
(c) painful lamenting
(d) over indulgence
4. What does Teresa say God will do for those who face the possibility of losing their reputations?
(a) cast them away from His care
(b) equip them to handle the circumstance with dignity
(c) hide them from public view
(d) make them examples to other people
5. What does Teresa recognize when she experiences a soul-filling fragrance?
(a) She knows she must wait longer.
(b) She knows that He is calling her.
(c) She knows that she is having a death experience.
(d) She knows that she is still alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does she say is at the center of the castle?
2. What is the final activity in the Sixth Dwelling, according to Teresa?
3. How does Teresa say the confirmation of the Prayer of Union is not determined?
4. Even at this stage, what does Teresa say God allows?
5. What does Teresa stress at the beginning of her treatise?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)