|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Teresa say about the servants of an earthly King?
(a) Some of them are cast out.
(b) They come and they go.
(c) They all eat at his table.
(d) Not all of them are allowed into his private chamber.
2. What is the hope of the soul in the Third Dwelling?
(a) more space to be comfortable in
(b) a life of serving God, or wishing to be taken to Him
(c) less trouble in the earthly life
(d) a greater responsibility to please God
3. What sign does the bride give that she is ready for union with God?
(a) She covers her head when she prays.
(b) She removes herself from the possibility of error.
(c) She keeps her eyes lowered at all times.
(d) She crawls on her hands and knees.
4. After doing something wrong, what amazes Teresa?
(a) She is not thrown out of the castle.
(b) She can get back into the castle.
(c) She still has the keys to the castle.
(d) God does not leave the castle.
5. What does she say is not prayer at all?
(a) rambling on about mundane matters
(b) praying to God as though He were a servant
(c) always asking God for favors
(d) praying while standing up
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Teresa limited in what she can do by way of teaching others what she knows?
2. What simile does Teresa use to describe turning away from a life of prayer?
3. What does Teresa say is important at the Fourth Dwelling intimacy with God?
4. What does Teresa say may happen to someone in the sixth Dwelling?
5. What does Teresa recognize when she experiences a soul-filling fragrance?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)