|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Teresa say happens in the Fourth Dwelling?
(a) the problems grow exponentially
(b) the soul begins to experience the supernatural
(c) the soul becomes lethargic
(d) the way forward becomes more difficult
2. Why is Teresa the one ordered to write the book on prayer for women?
(a) because it will keep her out of trouble
(b) because the men are busy writing other books
(c) because women communicate better with women
(d) because she has experience writing books
3. What l transition does Teresa say should happen at Dwelling Three?
(a) from a life of service to one of total prayer
(b) from a life of learning to one of teaching
(c) from a devotional life to one of tangible service and sacrifice
(d) from youth to old age
4. After the Prayer of Union, where does the sister realize she was?
(a) floating in the cosmos
(b) in God and He was in her
(c) near death
(d) among the saints
5. What does Teresa say happens to those who dwell outside the castle?
(a) They become like the creatures out there.
(b) They are eaten by the dragons.
(c) They become blind in the drakness.
(d) They have to fight for their lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does she say is at the center of the castle?
2. What does she say is inside the castle?
3. What are the tokens of each visit to Dwelling Six?
4. Where might the voices heard during meditation come from according to Teresa?
5. What can the mind not comprehend after the communal experience with God?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)