|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Teresa describe the silk worm nature of the pending change in the supplicant?
(a) facing the anxiety of the unknown
(b) going through the pain of dying and resurrection
(c) spinning tightly into a silk cacoon
(d) moving into beauty and intimate service
2. How does Teresa say she is affected by her trials?
(a) She has to start all over.
(b) She is uplifted.
(c) She is discouraged.
(d) Her faith waivers.
3. What is Teresa's metaphor of the tree transplanted into a smelly bog?
(a) a soul in need of others to join in changing the world
(b) a soul purposefully removed from the grace of God
(c) a soul able to clean up the smelly bog
(d) a soul seeking to give life to the world
4. What does Teresa recognize when she experiences a soul-filling fragrance?
(a) She knows that she is having a death experience.
(b) She knows that she is still alive.
(c) She knows that He is calling her.
(d) She knows she must wait longer.
5. Where is the Carmelite Convent of St. Joseph's
(a) Valencia, Spain
(b) Toledo, Spain
(c) Madrid, Spain
(d) Barcelona, Spain
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Teresa say about good works done outside of communion with God ?
2. What does Teresa suggest is the true test of the soul's capacity?
3. What is Teresa's spiritual marriage analogy?
4. What does a sister do when entering into the Fifth Dwelling?
5. What must the formerly rich man do when he is reduced to poverty?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)