|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Teresa suggest might be offered as a temptation in the second dwelling?
(a) lasting peace if one does not progress beyond
(b) the sense that the sould is right with God
(c) a feeling that one has arrived
(d) seemingly virtuous worldly alternatives
2. How does Teresa classify repeated prayers from memory?
(a) as mindless
(b) as childish
(c) as time consuming
(d) as fruitful
3. What, does Teresa say, is the distinction between this rapture and the last in Dwelling Five?
(a) this one is painful when it happens
(b) this one makes living much more painful
(c) this one is faster
(d) this one is harder to return from
4. What does Teresa say some of her sisters do when they are engrossed in their own reaction to what is happening in their souls?
(a) focus on the reaction until it becomes cloudy
(b) focus on the reaction but not on the cause
(c) focus on the reaction at the expense of their health
(d) focus on the reaction a little at a time
5. What does Teresa prescribe instead of memorized prayers?
(a) spoken prayer with self-examination
(b) prayers accompanied by the Rosary
(c) written out prayers
(d) requests for specific needs
Short Answer Questions
1. Where might the voices heard during meditation come from according to Teresa?
2. Where is the Carmelite Convent of St. Joseph's
3. What is a second metaphor of spiritual consolation?
4. What does Teresa say about good deeds that only glorify the person who does them?
5. How does Teresa identify a period of spiritual aridity?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)