|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Teresa say makes the Prayer of Recollection necessary?
(a) when one has picked up bad habits
(b) when one has left the convent
(c) when one has not prayed every day
(d) when one begins to forget how to pray
2. What does she say is not prayer at all?
(a) rambling on about mundane matters
(b) always asking God for favors
(c) praying while standing up
(d) praying to God as though He were a servant
3. What does she say is inside the castle?
(a) green fields and flowers
(b) diamonds and jewels
(c) dwellings in every direction
(d) rooms filled with busy people
4. What is it when the soul retreats from the senses and begins to rebuild the temple where it can go to worship?
(a) the Prayer of Recollection
(b) the Lord's Prayer
(c) the Prayer of Contrition
(d) the Prayer of the Faithful
5. What does she say is at the center of the castle?
(a) the soul of the believer
(b) the answer to all prayers
(c) the dwelling place of God
(d) the heart of the penitent
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Teresa invite the sister who would enter the Fifth Dwelling?
2. Where is the Carmelite Convent of St. Joseph's
3. What does Teresa say God is under no obligation to do"
4. How does Teresa classify those who have reached the Third Dwelling?
5. What does Teresa say about good works done outside of communion with God ?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)