|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the composition of the castle?
(a) diamond or some clear crystal
(b) cedars from Lebanon
(c) brick and mortor
(d) solid, carved stone
2. What worries Teresa about being able to quote other writers?
(a) her need to appear scholarly
(b) her accidentally stealing their words
(c) her lack of a reference library
(d) her failing memory
3. What condition does Teresa suggest a soul is in when it turns away from a life of prayer?
(a) in a world of confusion
(b) in a state of grave error
(c) being outside not able to find the door
(d) being free to examine itself
4. What does she say is not prayer at all?
(a) praying to God as though He were a servant
(b) praying while standing up
(c) rambling on about mundane matters
(d) always asking God for favors
5. What does Teresa say about good deeds that only glorify the person who does them?
(a) They help the person find humility.
(b) They are the only way to do good.
(c) They bring recognition from God.
(d) They yield no lasting good.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must the formerly rich man do when he is reduced to poverty?
2. What does Teresa stress at the beginning of her treatise?
3. Where does Teresa say her words come from?
4. What is her fear of not being in alignment with the Mother Church?
5. What do souls rightly handling spiritual trials do?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)