|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Teresa say the condition of the soul is in the First Dwelling?
(a) like that of a small child
(b) confused by being in a strange place
(c) looking for the way back outside
(d) only just beginning to learn to pray
2. What do souls rightly handling spiritual trials do?
(a) adjust their perspective
(b) sweep them under the carpet
(c) let them go
(d) work them out for themselves
3. Where does Teresa say her words come from?
(a) the Bible
(b) the Beloved
(c) the Saints
(d) the visions she has
4. What does Teresa prescribe instead of memorized prayers?
(a) prayers accompanied by the Rosary
(b) written out prayers
(c) requests for specific needs
(d) spoken prayer with self-examination
5. What does she think about what she has to say in this book?
(a) that there is too much information for only one book
(b) that she has already said everything in other books
(c) that she cannot write what she does not know
(d) that no one will understand what she says
Short Answer Questions
1. From where does Teresa say consolations come?
2. Where is the Carmelite Convent of St. Joseph's
3. How does Teresa say a soul with excessive humility can see itself?
4. What vision does Teresa have that gives her the idea of how to proceed with the book?
5. What does Teresa say is important at the Fourth Dwelling intimacy with God?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)