|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What simile does Teresa use to describe turning away from a life of prayer?
(a) like never washing out a drinking cup
(b) like putting out all the candles in a dark house
(c) like throwing a shroud over a brightly shining jewel
(d) like putting mud in a cake
2. What does Teresa prescribe instead of memorized prayers?
(a) requests for specific needs
(b) spoken prayer with self-examination
(c) prayers accompanied by the Rosary
(d) written out prayers
3. What is her analogy of a person who does not pray?
(a) a quadraplegic
(b) a double amputee
(c) a deaf person
(d) a blind person
4. What worries Teresa about being able to quote other writers?
(a) her need to appear scholarly
(b) her accidentally stealing their words
(c) her lack of a reference library
(d) her failing memory
5. To whom is THE INNER CASTLE addressed?
(a) church me to help them underrstand women
(b) all women
(c) sisters at Mr. Carmel convent
(d) the Beloved
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the book written?
2. What is her fear of not being in alignment with the Mother Church?
3. What does Teresa say the condition of the soul is in the First Dwelling?
4. Where does Teresa say her words come from?
5. What does Teresa warn against regarding spiritual affectations?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)