|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Teresa stress at the beginning of her treatise?
(a) knowing the Beloved
(b) knowing the catechism
(c) knowing oneself
(d) knowing the Bible
2. What does she say is not prayer at all?
(a) praying while standing up
(b) rambling on about mundane matters
(c) praying to God as though He were a servant
(d) always asking God for favors
3. What does Teresa warn against regarding spiritual affectations?
(a) performing good deeds without love
(b) putting on a show of one's spirituality with esoteric jargon
(c) becoming smug in one's relationship to God
(d) putting on shows of miracle working
4. What is the composition of the castle?
(a) diamond or some clear crystal
(b) cedars from Lebanon
(c) solid, carved stone
(d) brick and mortor
5. What does Teresa say about good works done outside of communion with God ?
(a) They are useful to other people.
(b) They make up for other failings.
(c) They come from a spirit of evil.
(d) They open the door to God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Teresa say inhabits the outside of the castle?
2. To whom is THE INNER CASTLE addressed?
3. What worries Teresa about being able to quote other writers?
4. What does Teresa prescribe instead of memorized prayers?
5. What troubles Teresa as she is about to start writing?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)