|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Teresa classify those who have reached the Third Dwelling?
(a) already on their way to security unless they turn away
(b) looking for a corner to rest in
(c) unsure of where they are
(d) exhausted from their journey
2. What does Teresa say about the servants of an earthly King?
(a) They all eat at his table.
(b) They come and they go.
(c) Not all of them are allowed into his private chamber.
(d) Some of them are cast out.
3. How does Teresa identify a period of spiritual aridity?
(a) when proceeding faithfully is more work than gratification
(b) when the supplicant forgets to drink water
(c) when the time for prayer feels like a drudgery
(d) when the words of prayer simply will not come
4. What does Teresa prescribe instead of memorized prayers?
(a) spoken prayer with self-examination
(b) prayers accompanied by the Rosary
(c) written out prayers
(d) requests for specific needs
5. What does Teresa say may happen to someone in the sixth Dwelling?
(a) feeling cold
(b) seeing darkness
(c) hearing voices
(d) fainting spells
Short Answer Questions
1. In those moments of ecstasy, how is the soul whisked away by God?
2. What does Teresa say she has never experienced?
3. What, does Teresa say, is the distinction between this rapture and the last in Dwelling Five?
4. In the early chambers of the Fifth Dwelling, what must the supplicant do?
5. What becomes Teresa's fondest desire to do?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)