|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Teresa stress at the beginning of her treatise?
(a) knowing oneself
(b) knowing the Beloved
(c) knowing the Bible
(d) knowing the catechism
2. What remains in the mind about the reality and sacredness of such a foreign experience in the Fifth Dwelling?
(c) the outter castle
3. With whom does Teresa find comfort during this time?
(a) sisters who make allowances for her behavior
(b) her confessor who understands fully
(c) sisters who are experiencing the Sixth Dwelling themselves
(d) children who come for advice
4. In the early chambers of the Fifth Dwelling, what must the supplicant do?
(a) keep both feet on the floor
(b) prepare to believe everything experienced
(c) test the spirits to see if the experience is good and godly
(d) look around to remember where one is
5. From where does Teresa say consolations come?
(a) from spiritual superiors
(b) from purely human endeavors
(c) from publication of books
(d) from great sorrow
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Teresa warn against regarding spiritual affectations?
2. Who may, according to Teresa, cause doubt and turning away from her experience as soon as she is out of the throes of it?
3. Where might the voices heard during meditation come from according to Teresa?
4. What knowledge does Teresa say is the cause of intellectual visions?
5. What, does Teresa say, is the distinction between this rapture and the last in Dwelling Five?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)