|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Teresa say she has never experienced?
(a) the after effects of spiritual revelation
(b) the lasting effects of forgetting to pray
(c) the mental effects of spiritual visions
(d) the physical effects of spiritual consolations
2. What does Teresa stress at the beginning of her treatise?
(a) knowing the Beloved
(b) knowing the Bible
(c) knowing oneself
(d) knowing the catechism
3. How is the soul once it moves into the Second Dwelling?
(a) experimenting with temptations
(b) free of temptations
(c) unaware of temptations
(d) more aware of the temptations
4. What vision does Teresa have that gives her the idea of how to proceed with the book?
(a) a vision of a castle
(b) a vision of a winding road
(c) a vision of prayer
(d) a vision of St. Joseph
5. What does she say is inside the castle?
(a) dwellings in every direction
(b) rooms filled with busy people
(c) diamonds and jewels
(d) green fields and flowers
Short Answer Questions
1. What does she say is not prayer at all?
2. What does Teresa say inhabits the outside of the castle?
3. Why are these Fourth Dwelling places deeper and more and more beautiful?
4. What l transition does Teresa say should happen at Dwelling Three?
5. What does Teresa say the condition of the soul is in the First Dwelling?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)