|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the soul once it moves into the Second Dwelling?
(a) experimenting with temptations
(b) free of temptations
(c) unaware of temptations
(d) more aware of the temptations
2. How does Teresa classify those who have reached the Third Dwelling?
(a) unsure of where they are
(b) exhausted from their journey
(c) already on their way to security unless they turn away
(d) looking for a corner to rest in
3. What is a second metaphor of spiritual consolation?
(a) bird sogn that lifts the spirit
(b) sweet music that comes from on high
(c) a fragrance that originates deep in the soul
(d) bubbleing springs that tinkle like bells
4. What l transition does Teresa say should happen at Dwelling Three?
(a) from a life of service to one of total prayer
(b) from a life of learning to one of teaching
(c) from youth to old age
(d) from a devotional life to one of tangible service and sacrifice
5. Why are these Fourth Dwelling places deeper and more and more beautiful?
(a) because they are not internal
(b) because they are more expensive
(c) because they are nearer to the King
(d) because they require more maintenance
Short Answer Questions
1. What does she say is not prayer at all?
2. What if someone makes elaborate sacrifice and asks special gifts from God?
3. What does Teresa prescribe instead of memorized prayers?
4. What is her analogy of a person who does not pray?
5. From where does Teresa say consolations come?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)