|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sign does the bride give that she is ready for union with God?
(a) She removes herself from the possibility of error.
(b) She crawls on her hands and knees.
(c) She keeps her eyes lowered at all times.
(d) She covers her head when she prays.
2. How does Teresa describe the bride of the Lord?
(a) a soul who sees the worth of her Lord
(b) a soul who has new whte raiment
(c) a soul who seeks protection
(d) a soul who has no physical desires
3. In the early chambers of the Fifth Dwelling, what must the supplicant do?
(a) test the spirits to see if the experience is good and godly
(b) prepare to believe everything experienced
(c) look around to remember where one is
(d) keep both feet on the floor
4. What does a sister do when entering into the Fifth Dwelling?
(a) changes her clothes
(b) dies to her own desires
(c) bows low and says the Our Father
(d) opens her mind to spiritual infinity
5. After the Prayer of Union, where does the sister realize she was?
(a) among the saints
(b) near death
(c) in God and He was in her
(d) floating in the cosmos
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Teresa warn against regarding spiritual affectations?
2. What does Teresa say may happen to someone in the sixth Dwelling?
3. From where does Teresa say consolations come?
4. Even at this stage, what does Teresa say God allows?
5. What remains in the mind about the reality and sacredness of such a foreign experience in the Fifth Dwelling?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)