|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Even at this stage, what does Teresa say God allows?
(a) the possibility of lingering in the world
(b) physical pain and suffering
(c) temptation to test the ones to whom He is about to reveal Himself
(d) visions to speed up the process of revealing Himslef
2. What remains in the mind about the reality and sacredness of such a foreign experience in the Fifth Dwelling?
(b) the outter castle
3. Where might the voices heard during meditation come from according to Teresa?
(a) heavenly choirs
(b) external sounds in the background
(c) souls in Purgatory
(d) a source that is less than divine
4. After the Prayer of Union, where does the sister realize she was?
(a) in God and He was in her
(b) near death
(c) among the saints
(d) floating in the cosmos
5. As intimacy grows deeper, how are experiences of God measured?
(a) as less quantifiable and much more other-worldly
(b) as sudden insights through study
(c) as mile markers on the way to heaven
(d) as trials that are overcome
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the condition Teresa describes in the Fifth Dwelling?
2. Does Teresa say that hearing voices is always a negative sign?
3. What does Teresa suggest might be offered as a temptation in the second dwelling?
4. In the early chambers of the Fifth Dwelling, what must the supplicant do?
5. What does Teresa classify as a sign of the intention to draw ever closer to God?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)