|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Equiano tell Farmer before Farmer dies?
(a) That Equiano is still angry about the bulls.
(b) That Farmer never did Equiano any harm.
(c) That Equiano expects to see Farmer in heaven.
(d) That Farmer deserves to die because of the way he treated Equiano.
2. On the ship Nancy in 1766, where does Equiano go and make a lot of money?
3. What two reasons does Equiano give for abolishing slavery in the last chapter?
(a) Ethos and logos.
(b) Politics and physics.
(c) Humanity and economics.
(d) Biology and climate.
4. What else has Equiano done since the first edition of his Narrative was published?
(a) Been made a knight by the King of England.
(b) Built a house in Africa.
(c) Gotten married.
(d) Adopted African children.
5. When Farmer and his first mate are both ill, who steers the ship into port?
(c) The dying silversmith.
(d) Richard Baker.
6. How much money does the dying man turn out to have in his fortune?
7. What does Equiano do that he later thinks is a cause of the wreck of the Nancy?
(a) Accidentally puts a hole in the side of the ship when he is fighting with another crew member.
(b) Wishes out loud that he never had to spend another minute on the Nancy.
(c) Curses the ship.
(d) Prays to God for the ship to sink.
8. What minister does Equiano hear preach in Philadelphia?
(a) Walt Whitman.
(b) George Whitfield.
(c) George Washington.
(d) George Greenfield.
9. How does Dr. Irving die?
(a) Eating a poisoned fish.
(b) Killed in battle with the French.
(d) From a poisonous snake bite.
10. What sight does Equiano find strange in Turkey?
(a) Men wearing veils.
(b) Turkeys roaming the streets freely because they are sacred.
(c) Slaves wearing veils.
(d) Women wearing veils.
11. After the rescue team arrives in New Providence and heads to Georgia, what happens to them?
(a) They almost wreck again.
(b) They are eaten by cannibals.
(c) They get lost on the way to Georgia.
(d) They are given medals for bravery.
12. Why doesn't Equiano become ordained?
(a) The Bishop rejects his request.
(b) He converts to Islam at the last minute.
(c) He doesn't want to dress like a minister.
(d) He doesn't want to do missionary work.
13. On a quest for a new religion, why does Equiano decide to go to Turkey?
(a) He has decided to become a Muslim.
(b) He thinks the Turks are the most Christ-like people he has met.
(c) He plans to go from their to Africa to relearn the religion of the Eboe people.
(d) He wants to convert the Turks to Christianity.
14. Why does Equiano brings turkeys on the ship instead of bulls?
(a) Equiano decides he can make more money selling turkeys.
(b) Equiano's bulls die before he can get them on the ship.
(c) Farmer goes back on his promise to allow Equiano to bring the bulls on board.
(d) Equiano decides to stop eating beef.
15. Why do the white men try to kidnap Equiano in Georgia?
(a) So they can present him as an escaped slave and get money for him.
(b) Because they are angry about the wreck of the Nancy.
(c) Because King sent them to find Equiano.
(d) Because they want to hold Equiano for ransom.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Georgia, what does Equiano do that almost gets him flogged?
2. What other new skills does Equiano study in England?
3. What do some people say after the problems on the way from New Providence to Georgia?
4. Why do the natives like Dr. Irving?
5. What happens to John Annis on the boat to Turkey?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)