|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Equiano think that he and Pascal spend a whole year waiting for orders on the Isle of Wight?
(a) Because Pascal is going to be demoted.
(b) Because the English king died.
(c) Because the British navy is reconsidering the use of slaves on their ships.
(d) Because the Isle of Wight is under quarantine for the Black Plague.
2. What kind of work do most Eboe people do?
(b) They are servants for rich white settlers from England.
(c) Diamond mining.
(d) Factory work.
3. Why does Equiano believe he has already bought his way out of slavery in Chapter 4?
(a) Because Pascal takes all his naval pay.
(b) Because the King of England promised freedom to all slaves who served in the war.
(c) Because when Pascal purchased him, he promised to set Equiano free on his 21st birthday.
(d) Because Pascal promised him he would set him free if the English won the war.
4. What does Equiano spend his time doing on the Isle of Wight?
(a) Lifting weights and running.
(b) Reading and writing to increase his education.
(c) Playing cards and dice.
(d) Arguing for an end to slavery.
5. During the battle at Gibraltar, what is Equiano's job?
(a) Cleaning blood off the deck.
(b) Steering the ship.
(c) Carrying messages from Pascal to the captain.
(d) Running to the cannon with explosive gun powder to the cannons can be reloaded.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the slave ship land?
2. Which statement best describes the Eboes' religious beliefs?
3. What two things does Equiano think are "magic" when he sees a town built by white people for the first time?
4. When Equiano is sick in London, what treatment does the doctor recommend that Equiano refuses?
5. Which of the following does Equiano see in the plantation house, which impress him?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)