|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the ship land after a long time at sea in Chapter 60?
(c) The Grand Caymans.
2. What city is said to be the boyhood home of Jesus?
3. What mode of transportation do the travelers use in Egypt?
4. The travelers find themselves in the mountains of what area in Chapter 41?
(c) Temin el Foka.
5. What does the marble slab inside the Church of Holy Sepulcher guard?
(a) The Holy Sepulchre.
(b) The Stone of Unction.
(c) The Cross of Christ.
(d) The Stone Bench.
6. How does Twain look back on the trip?
(a) With indifference.
(b) With excitement mixed with disappointment.
(c) With admiration and longing.
(d) With regret.
7. What offends Twain at the end of the story?
(a) None of the other passengers acknowledges him.
(b) His treatment by the Egyptians.
(c) The newspaper declines to run his article.
(d) The photo the newspaper uses is very old.
8. What does Twain call Palestine?
(a) The king of kind citizenry.
(b) None of the answers is correct.
(c) The blessing of the country.
(d) The prince of dismal scenery.
9. What do the Spaniards do to Twain's newspaper journal when he asks them to mail it?
(a) They burn it in front of him.
(b) They laugh at it.
(c) They ignore it.
(d) They fumigate it.
10. Why does the trip to Damascus have to be made in two days?
(a) Twain's group is not properly prepared.
(b) Twain is stricken with a strange premonition.
(c) Three of the men will not travel on the sabbath.
(d) Three of the men are ill and must rest.
11. Where do the travelers camp after leaving Damascus?
12. To what location are the travelers heading in Chapter 59?
13. How many men are in Twain's group in the Holy Land?
14. What is the name of the tour guide in Chapter 35?
(a) Moses McDonald.
(b) Moses Faraway.
(c) Faraway Moses.
(d) Russia Moses.
15. How is the population of Jerusalem described?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the travelers swim?
2. What is the prevalent obstacle for the travelers throughout their journey?
3. What does Twain contract in Chapter 45?
4. What does the guard in Chapter 49 have in his possession?
5. What does Twain claim made him sick?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)