|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49 | Chapter 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What French location does Twain refuse to describe for fear of not doing it justice?
(b) Bois de Boulogne.
(c) The Louvre.
2. To what site is the midnight excursion in Athens?
(a) The Gate of Neptune.
(b) The Parthenon.
(c) The Oracle at Delphi.
(d) The Acropolis.
3. What color are the gondolas painted?
4. What is the name of the smoking apparatus handed to Twain in Turkey?
5. What cultural customs thrive in Tangier?
(b) All of the answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Twain love about Tangier?
2. To what does Twain compare Rome at the end of Chapter 28?
3. What is the problem with the bartender in the bar advertising "ALL MANNER OF AMERICAN DRINKS ARTISTICALLY PREPARED HERE"?
4. What does Twain see that disgusts him when the group stops to rest on the road to Damascus?
5. What are the spinning dancers of a religious healing nature called?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)