|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 | Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one thing the travelers can do to be permitted to enter the mosque?
(a) If they learn a Moorish prayer.
(b) If they enter on all fours.
(c) If they convert from Christianity to Islam.
(d) If they enter naked.
2. Who in France claim to be barbers?
(d) Wig makers.
3. What does Twain imply the advertising program says?
(a) Glorious, glamorous goofiness.
(b) Too much to be useful.
(c) Everything that needs to be said.
(d) Nothing of any substance.
4. What was the church member's dying wish?
(a) That her family light a candle every year in her memory.
(b) That her body lay in state forever.
(c) That an oil lamp never go out.
(d) That a huge party be held in her honor.
5. What is the name of the massive display that the group views in Paris?
(a) The International Exhibition.
(b) The Exhibition de France.
(c) The Golden Spirit Exhibition.
(d) The Grande Parisian Exhibition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cultural customs thrive in Tangier?
2. What is the problem with the bartender in the bar advertising "ALL MANNER OF AMERICAN DRINKS ARTISTICALLY PREPARED HERE"?
3. What is the name of the tightrope walker introduced to Twain and the group?
4. What are the forms of transportation used in the first destination?
5. Why wouldn't Heloise marry Abelard?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)