|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 51 | Chapter 52.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item interests Twain most in Rome after visiting the Coliseum?
(a) A monk's cell.
(b) The Vatican.
(c) An article about a playbill.
(d) A da Vinci painting.
2. What is the name of the renowned burial ground for romantically famous people in France?
(a) Arc de Triomphe.
(b) Bois de Boulogne.
(c) Rue de la Temps.
(d) Pere la Chaise.
3. What is Twain given in Smyrna that he puts under his hat?
(a) A bone from a martyr.
(b) A slab of beef jerky.
(c) A little wax candle.
(d) A tiny crucifix.
4. Who once told the story of Pompeii?
(b) Pliny the Elder.
(d) Pliny the Younger.
5. What does the group rename the city of Ain Mellahah?
(b) Broken Branch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Twain completely befuddled in Chapter 36?
2. To what site is the midnight excursion in Athens?
3. What is the name of the fertile hill in Shechem?
4. Who has hired the guard to protect the Americans on their trip to Galilee?
5. In Chapter 30, what adjectives does Twain use to describe Naples from up close?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)