|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19 | Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Twain always have to ask for at the hotels in France?
(a) A bar of soap.
(b) A pillow.
(c) A blanket.
(d) An extra key.
2. What is the problem with the bartender in the bar advertising "ALL MANNER OF AMERICAN DRINKS ARTISTICALLY PREPARED HERE"?
(a) He is deaf.
(b) He can't make a single American drink.
(c) He is blind.
(d) He can't understand the group's American colloquialisms.
3. Why can't the travelers enter the Moorish mosque?
(a) Only people from Tangier are permitted.
(b) Christians are forbidden to cross the threshold.
(c) It is closed.
(d) Only single Jewish people can enter.
4. What are the more lively sources of entertainment offered on the ship?
(a) All of the answers are correct.
(c) Mock trials.
5. What does Twain say the Europeans do after work?
(b) Take walks.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) Eat ices.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the renowned burial ground for romantically famous people in France?
2. How long is the train ride through France?
3. What was the church member's dying wish?
4. Whose final resting place is highlighted in Chapter 15?
5. For what does Twain compliment the French?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)