|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Leonard's father injured during the war?
2. What time does Leonard meet MacNamee in Chapter 21?
3. After Otto dies, what is the first thing that Leonard does?
4. How does Maria start on fire in Chapter 16?
5. What do Maria and Leonard do when they realize that someone is in the room with them in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Leonard think that he has entered into, in Chapter 19, when he arrives home?
2. How does Maria look when Leonard goes to see her in Chapter 21?
3. How does Maria look when Leonard sees her at the airport in Chapter 22?
4. As Leonard is leaving the apartment in Chapter 18, what emotion does he feel towards Maria and the apartment?
5. Describe how Leonard finds Maria in her apartment in Chapter 14.
6. What piece of advice does Mr. Blake give Leonard in Chapter 15?
7. What does Leonard dream about in Chapter 19?
8. How does Leonard view London during his holiday visit?
9. Why hasn't Leonard given any information to MacNamee in Chapter 17?
10. Why is Maria afraid to call the police in Chapter 17?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the journey of transformation depicted through the character of Leonard as he evolves through the course of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
How does the protagonist, Leonard Marnham, presented as a relative protagonist, or a character who does not set action in motion, but who instead reacts to situations and circumstances?
Essay Topic 3
How does the character of Glass compare and contrast with the character of Leonard and what themes arise from the comparison of these two characters?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)