|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Leonard's father injured during the war?
(a) He was injured in the Battle of the Bulge.
(b) He was injured at the landing in Normandy.
(c) He was injured during the campaign to Rome.
(d) He was injured driving an ambulance during bomb raids in London.
2. Who does Leonard invite to his engagement party after he runs into him at the store?
(a) Lieutenant Lofting.
3. What type of music do Maria and Leonard listen to in Chapter 13?
(a) American rhythm and blues.
(b) British popular rock.
(c) German folk music.
(d) Both British and German classical music.
4. How is Maria injured in Chapter 13?
(a) She was in a small automobile accident.
(b) She fell down the stairs.
(c) She is mugged in her stairwell.
(d) Her ex-husband had assaulted her.
5. How does Maria start on fire in Chapter 16?
(a) She drops a cigarette in her lap.
(b) She is standing too close to the stove and her dress catches on fire.
(c) The space heater catches her nylons on fire.
(d) Otto lights her sweater with a cigarette lighter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes up to the roof to wave Leonard's plane off with Maria?
2. What marks does Maria have from the confrontation with Otto in Chapter 17?
3. What does Leonard drink while he is dismembering Otto?
4. Where do Leonard and Maria go for her thirty-first birthday?
5. What are the names of Maria's friends who come to the engagement party?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Leonard's parent's view Maria in Chapter 14?
2. How does Leonard first feel when he hears the news from Bob that the tunnel has been found by the Soviets?
3. In Chapter 21, why does Leonard long to be able to tell someone official about Otto and exactly what happened?
4. Describe the appearance of Otto.
5. Why hasn't Leonard given any information to MacNamee in Chapter 17?
6. What does Leonard do after his phone conversation with Bob in Chapter 20?
7. What does Leonard dream about in Chapter 19?
8. What problems does his hands shaking cause Leonard in Chapter 21?
9. What piece of advice does Mr. Blake give Leonard in Chapter 15?
10. How does Leonard feel when he reads the newspaper?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)