|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to Leonard's apartment as a transport officer in Chapter 21?
2. What does Glass give to Leonard for Christmas?
(a) A ball point pen.
(b) A bottle of wine.
(c) A record.
(d) A book.
3. What are the two villages that Maria and Leonard explore on bikes in Chapter 13?
(a) Rudersdorf and Strausberg.
(b) Bernau and Velten.
(c) Frohnau and Heiligensee.
(d) Teltow and Kleinmachnow.
4. Where does Leonard go on his way home in Chapter 17?
(a) The grocery store.
(b) The zoo.
(c) A department store.
(d) The post office.
5. Why don't Leonard and Maria initially see Otto in Chapter 16?
(a) He is sitting down and is asleep.
(b) He is wearing camoflauge.
(c) It is too dark to see anything.
(d) He is behind several large coats.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Leonard's father injured during the war?
2. When does Leonard plan to tell his parents about his engagement?
3. What is Otto wearing in Chapter 16?
4. What budget is Leonard given to plan the celebration for the tunnel being one year old?
5. What does Glass want Leonard to do after they drop off the cases in Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Maria think that Otto has hidden in her wardrobe in Chapter 16?
2. What does Leonard do after his phone conversation with Bob in Chapter 20?
3. Describe the appearance of Otto.
4. How does Leonard first feel when he hears the news from Bob that the tunnel has been found by the Soviets?
5. How do Leonard's parent's view Maria in Chapter 14?
6. Why hasn't Leonard given any information to MacNamee in Chapter 17?
7. What does the note Leonard receive from MacNamee in Chapter 20 contain?
8. How does Leonard view London during his holiday visit?
9. As Leonard is leaving the apartment in Chapter 18, what emotion does he feel towards Maria and the apartment?
10. How does Maria look when Leonard sees her at the airport in Chapter 22?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)