|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Leonard call in order to stop the sentries from looking in the cases in Chapter 20?
(d) Bill Harvey.
2. Who does MacNamee plan to give a recommendation of Leonard to?
(a) Dollis Hill.
(b) Bill Harvey.
(c) Bob Glass.
(d) Pierce Weldon.
3. What marks does Maria have from the confrontation with Otto in Chapter 17?
(a) She has a split lip.
(b) Bruises on her throat.
(c) She has a black eye.
(d) She is missing a tooth.
4. After Otto dies, what is the first thing that Leonard does?
(a) Call the cops.
(b) Smoke a cigarette.
(c) Brush his teeth.
(d) Leave the apartment.
5. How is Maria injured in Chapter 13?
(a) She is mugged in her stairwell.
(b) She was in a small automobile accident.
(c) Her ex-husband had assaulted her.
(d) She fell down the stairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leonard use to remove the blood from his skin?
2. What do Leonard and Maria drink in Chapter 17?
3. Who carries the cases out of Maria's apartment?
4. What time did the Soviets discover the tunnel in Chapter 20?
5. What does Leonard give the man he meets in the cafe in Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Leonard is leaving the apartment in Chapter 18, what emotion does he feel towards Maria and the apartment?
2. How do Leonard's parent's view Maria in Chapter 14?
3. Why hasn't Leonard given any information to MacNamee in Chapter 17?
4. How does Leonard compare his circumstances with Maria in Chapter 13 with their circumstances earlier in the book?
5. What piece of advice does Mr. Blake give Leonard in Chapter 15?
6. How does Leonard view London during his holiday visit?
7. How does Leonard feel when he reads the newspaper?
8. In Chapter 21, now that the tunnel has been discovered how does MacNamee view the success of the project?
9. According to Maria, how did her boss respond when she gave her notice in Chapter 22?
10. Describe how Leonard finds Maria in her apartment in Chapter 14.
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)