|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Maria's friend who accompanied her to the bar in Chapter 5?
2. What action does Mr. Blake offer to do for Maria in Chapter 11?
(a) He offers to beat up Leonard.
(b) He offers to call her a taxi.
(c) He offers to drive her home.
(d) He offers to take her to dinner.
3. What does Leonard prepare for himself when he returns to his apartment in Chapter 3?
(d) A martini.
4. What is the name of the German man who works with Leonard in the recording room?
5. How many hours a day does Leonard work his first week in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mr. Blake work?
2. What compliment about his appearance does Maria first give Leonard in Chapter 6?
3. What action does Maria take in Chapter 11 to tell Leonard he is forgiven?
4. What does Russell do for employment?
5. Where did some American tunnelers dig a practice tunnel in preparation for their work in Germany?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 9, how does Leonard feel about his aggressive behavior towards Maria?
2. Describe the appearance of John MacNamee.
3. What compliment does MacNamee give the Americans about the tunnel project in Chapter 7?
4. What story does Leonard give the Englishman he meets in Chapter 3 about his work?
5. How does Russell describe the Russians from his experience serving as a lieutenant in Berlin of 1945?
6. Describe Maria's appearance.
7. What memory does Leonard's aggressive behavior in Chapter 8 conjure for Maria?
8. Why is everyone silent in the tunnel?
9. Describe the appearance of Glass.
10. What is unique about the way Glass drives?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)