|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Leonard study in college?
(d) Radio frequencies.
2. Where did Leonard go to school?
(a) University of Manchester.
(b) Birmingham University.
(d) London University.
3. In Chapter 9, what does Leonard bring on the first day to apologize to Maria?
(a) A love note.
(c) A new dress.
4. Where does Maria go at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) She moves back with her parents.
(b) She moves to Switzerland, to stay with her grandma.
(c) She goes on vacation to France with a friend.
(d) She moves to another apartment four floors down.
5. What awakens Leonard after the first night he spends with Maria, in Chapter 8?
(a) An alarm clock.
(b) A nightmare about his parents.
(c) The sounds of Maria's neighbor getting ready for work.
(d) Maria talking to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Maria?
2. What is the housing demand like in Berlin?
3. What is the name of Maria's friend who accompanied her to the bar in Chapter 5?
4. What does Leonard prepare for himself when he returns to his apartment in Chapter 3?
5. What does MacNamee ask Leonard to do for the British in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Glass surprised when he learns that Leonard's fight with Maria is due to him getting rough with her?
2. What fantasy does Leonard begin to have in regards to Maria in Chapter 8?
3. In Chapter 9, how does Leonard feel about his aggressive behavior towards Maria?
4. What are Leonard's first impressions of his new apartment in Chapter 1?
5. What is Maria's ambition?
6. Why was the street called East-West Axis by Hitler, renamed to be the street of June 17?
7. What conversation does Leonard overhear during his dinner in Chapter 1?
8. In Chapter 8, why doesn't Maria want to spend the night at Leonard's apartment as it is nicer?
9. Describe the appearance of Glass.
10. What story does Leonard give the Englishman he meets in Chapter 3 about his work?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)