|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maria ask Leonard when she starts crying in Chapter 8?
(a) She asks him to leave.
(b) She asks him for money.
(c) She asks him to tell say he loves her.
(d) She asks him to stay with her.
2. Where do Leonard and Maria spend the majority of their time when they are home?
(a) In the living room.
(b) Out on the balcony.
(c) In bed.
(d) In her kitchen.
3. What does Leonard ask to take home from work in Chapter 2?
(a) Circuit diagrams.
(b) A practice recording machine.
(c) His notes.
(d) A screwdriver.
4. Which of these items was not used as a layer on Leonard and Maria's bed to help keep the heat in Chapter 8?
(b) Bath towels.
(c) A rug.
(d) An armchair cover.
5. In Chapter 2, why does Glass tell Leonard that he should always behave like a visitor to the radar station?
(a) Because he does not have security clearance.
(b) Because it is a comical joke for the sentries.
(c) Because he is supposed to be working with the British, not the Americans.
(d) Because they are under survelliance from the Russians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leonard smell on Glass's breath in Chapter 5?
2. What movie do Leonard and Maria go to see in March in Chapter 8?
3. How does Leonard describe his relationship to Glass in Chapter 12?
4. What questions does Glass ask Leonard about his appearance in Chapter 8?
5. What is the average temperature in Berlin during Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Glass surprised when he learns that Leonard's fight with Maria is due to him getting rough with her?
2. How does Russell describe the Russians from his experience serving as a lieutenant in Berlin of 1945?
3. Why was the street called East-West Axis by Hitler, renamed to be the street of June 17?
4. In Chapter 9, how does Leonard feel about his aggressive behavior towards Maria?
5. What are Leonard's first impressions of his new apartment in Chapter 1?
6. Describe the Hotel Neva.
7. What is Maria's ambition?
8. How does Mr. Blake look when he responds to Maria's yell in Chapter 11?
9. Describe Maria's appearance.
10. What type of relationship does Leonard have with his co-workers in Chapter 7?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)