|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many apology letters did Leonard write Maria?
2. What is the name of the bar in the East sector where Russell, Leonard and Glass go in Chapter 4?
(b) Hotel Gastronom.
(c) Hotel Nordland.
(d) Neva Hotel.
3. Where did Leonard get his teak-lined silver-plated cigarette box that was engraved with his initials?
(a) His best friend from college gave it to him at graduation.
(b) He bought it on his first day in Berlin.
(c) It was a going away present from his parents.
(d) He received it from his sweetheart.
4. What does Russell do for employment?
(a) He works for the radio service.
(b) He is a banker.
(c) He is a painter.
(d) He is a contractor for the army.
5. What is the name of the German man who works with Leonard in the recording room?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria know about Leonard's work in Chapter 8?
2. What is the name of Maria's ex-husband?
3. What is Russell's opinion of secrecy?
4. When Leonard first becomes aggressive in Chapter 8, what does Maria think the reason is?
5. What does Leonard prepare for himself when he returns to his apartment in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Russell describe the Russians from his experience serving as a lieutenant in Berlin of 1945?
2. In Chapter 3, what does Leonard plan to buy for his apartment to stock his kitchen?
3. In Chapter 8, why doesn't Maria want to spend the night at Leonard's apartment as it is nicer?
4. In Chapter 9, how does Leonard feel about his aggressive behavior towards Maria?
5. Why is there a pressurized room built around the cables in the tunnel?
6. Why does Glass want to interrogate Maria in Chapter 9?
7. Why is Glass surprised when he learns that Leonard's fight with Maria is due to him getting rough with her?
8. Describe the appearance of Glass.
9. Describe Maria's appearance.
10. How does Maria first convince Leonard to stay in her apartment in Chapter 6?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)