|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Maria wearing when Leonard comes to her apartment in Chapter 6?
(a) A tartan skirt and red sweater.
(b) A navy blue uniform.
(c) A bathrobe.
(d) A white button downed shirt and black skirt.
2. Where do Leonard and Maria go to remember their meeting in Chapter 8?
(a) They go dancing at the REsi.
(b) They eat at Schnellimbiss together.
(c) They go to Hotel Neva in the Eastern Sector.
(d) They go on a bike ride into the country.
3. What does Maria doe for work?
(a) She is a nurse.
(b) She is a schoolteacher.
(c) She is a typist and translator.
(d) She is a waitress.
4. Why doesn't Leonard want to dance with Maria in Chapter 4?
(a) He doesn't think she's pretty.
(b) He doesn't want to make his companions jealous.
(c) He is feeling too drunk.
(d) He doesn't know how to dance.
5. What does Maria serve Leonard when he first arrives in Chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the flavor of the coffee Leonard has with Glass in Chapter 1, remind him of?
2. What is Russell's opinion of secrecy?
3. What did Leonard study in college?
4. What does Leonard sing in the shower in Chapter 8?
5. In Chapter 6, why does Leonard almost leave Maria's apartment when he wants to stay?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Glass want to interrogate Maria in Chapter 9?
2. Why is Glass surprised when he learns that Leonard's fight with Maria is due to him getting rough with her?
3. What is Maria's ambition?
4. Why was the street called East-West Axis by Hitler, renamed to be the street of June 17?
5. In Chapter 8, why doesn't Maria want to spend the night at Leonard's apartment as it is nicer?
6. In Chapter 3, what does Leonard plan to buy for his apartment to stock his kitchen?
7. What conversation does Leonard overhear during his dinner in Chapter 1?
8. What memory does Leonard's aggressive behavior in Chapter 8 conjure for Maria?
9. Describe the appearance of Glass.
10. What is unique about the way Glass drives?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)