|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What domestic arrangement do Maria and Leonard come to in Chapter 13 regarding meals?
(a) They eat out every meal and take turns paying the bill.
(b) Leonard cooks and Maria cleans.
(c) They each take care of their own meals.
(d) Maria cooks, Leonard does the dishes.
2. What does Glass want to talk to Leonard about in Chapter 20?
(a) Leonard's engagement party.
(b) The girl he met dancing the night before.
(c) The tunnel anniversary celebration.
(d) The progress with Leonard's decoding.
3. What time does Leonard meet MacNamee in Chapter 21?
4. What color of dress does Maria wear for the engagement party?
5. Who does Leonard call in order to stop the sentries from looking in the cases in Chapter 20?
(c) Bill Harvey.
6. What time did the Soviets discover the tunnel in Chapter 20?
7. Where do Leonard and Maria go for her thirty-first birthday?
(a) They picnicked by Gross-Glienicke See and swam out to the buoys.
(b) To the Maison de France fro dinner and dancing.
(c) To the pictures on the Ku-damm.
(d) To the smart bar at the Hotel am Zoo.
8. What do Leonard and Maria drink in Chapter 17?
(a) Straight Vodka.
(b) Naafi gin.
(c) Good Mosel.
9. Who comes to Leonard's apartment as a transport officer in Chapter 21?
10. What type of car is the taxi that Leonard takes in Chapter 19?
(a) He doesn't take a taxi, only the train.
(b) A new Volvo.
(c) An old diesel Mercedes.
(d) A derelict Volkswagon bug.
11. What security clearance level does Leonard have in Chapter 20?
12. How does Otto die in Chapter 16?
(a) Otto has a heart attack.
(b) Leonard knocks him out.
(c) A cobbler's last crushes his head.
(d) Maria shoots Otto.
13. Why did Otto assault Maria in Chapter 13?
(a) He found out about Leonard.
(b) Maria had tried to hit him first.
(c) Maria had refused to give him money.
(d) Maria had refused to reconcile with him.
(a) They are saving for a television.
(b) They are going to buy Leonard a ring to give to Maria.
(c) They plan to buy a new house.
(d) They are going to buy a boat.
15. How was Otto injured during the war which caused him to be transferred to a signals regiment?
(a) He was shot in combat.
(b) He was injured in an accident involving a drunken driver of an army truck.
(c) He contracted "trench foot" while serving in Italy.
(d) He contracted a veneral disease from frequenting the brothels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leonard order to drink when he meets MacNamee in Chapter 21?
2. After going to the cafe in Chapter 20, where does Leonard go next?
3. Who calls Leonard on the phone when he first arrives home in Chapter 19?
4. What does Leonard buy to take with him on the airplane in Chapter 22?
5. Who does Leonard invite to his engagement party after he runs into him at the store?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)