|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offers to take Leonard into work with the cases in Chapter 19?
2. Who tells Leonard he is being recalled in Chapter 21?
(a) Bob Glass.
(c) He receives a letter from MTO.
3. How does Maria start on fire in Chapter 16?
(a) The space heater catches her nylons on fire.
(b) She is standing too close to the stove and her dress catches on fire.
(c) Otto lights her sweater with a cigarette lighter.
(d) She drops a cigarette in her lap.
4. After Otto dies, what is the first thing that Leonard does?
(a) Leave the apartment.
(b) Call the cops.
(c) Smoke a cigarette.
(d) Brush his teeth.
5. What marks does Maria have from the confrontation with Otto in Chapter 17?
(a) She has a split lip.
(b) She has a black eye.
(c) She is missing a tooth.
(d) Bruises on her throat.
6. Why is Glass frustrated with the British in Chapter 13?
(a) An error MacNamee made in his math.
(b) A command from Washington for Glass to report to MacNamee.
(c) The discovery that Leonard is spying on the Americans for the British.
(d) A mistake that Leonard makes in his work.
7. What it the name of the airport that Leonard flies out of in Chapter 22?
8. Who calls Leonard on the phone when he first arrives home in Chapter 19?
(a) The musician he has hired for the tunnel anniversary.
(b) Glass, wondering where he is.
(c) Blake, inviting him over for dinner.
(d) Maria asking about the cases.
9. What is the name of the spy that Leonard reads about as his plane is taking off?
(a) Hyrum Downs.
(b) Jim Robertson.
(c) Hugh Villafort.
(d) Buster Crabbe.
10. What budget is Leonard given to plan the celebration for the tunnel being one year old?
(a) 5 pounds.
(b) 50 pounds.
(c) 100 pounds.
(d) 30 pounds.
11. What does Leonard find on his office door in Chapter 17?
(a) A note from Glass.
(b) A note from Maria.
(c) A newspaper clipping.
(d) A note from MacNamee.
12. Who comes to Leonard's apartment as a transport officer in Chapter 21?
13. What time does Leonard meet MacNamee in Chapter 21?
14. Where do Leonard and Maria go for her thirty-first birthday?
(a) They picnicked by Gross-Glienicke See and swam out to the buoys.
(b) To the Maison de France fro dinner and dancing.
(c) To the pictures on the Ku-damm.
(d) To the smart bar at the Hotel am Zoo.
15. What does Leonard use to remove the blood from his skin?
(b) Baking soda and water.
(c) A pumise stone.
(d) Rubbing alcohol.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who carries the cases out of Maria's apartment?
2. How was Leonard's father injured during the war?
3. What are the names of Maria's friends who come to the engagement party?
4. After going to the cafe in Chapter 20, where does Leonard go next?
5. What do Leonard and Maria drink in Chapter 17?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)