|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What marks does Maria have from the confrontation with Otto in Chapter 17?
(a) She has a split lip.
(b) She is missing a tooth.
(c) She has a black eye.
(d) Bruises on her throat.
2. After going to the cafe in Chapter 20, where does Leonard go next?
(a) To the zoo.
(b) To Maria's apartment.
(d) Back to work.
3. What does Glass give to Leonard for Christmas?
(a) A book.
(b) A ball point pen.
(c) A record.
(d) A bottle of wine.
4. After Otto dies, what is the first thing that Leonard does?
(a) Call the cops.
(b) Leave the apartment.
(c) Brush his teeth.
(d) Smoke a cigarette.
5. What part of the body do Leonard and Maria saw off Otto first in Chapter 18?
(a) The leg.
(b) The arm.
(c) The head.
(d) The nose.
6. What does Leonard buy to take with him on the airplane in Chapter 22?
(a) The Daily Express.
(b) A bottle of asprin.
(c) A mystery novel.
(d) A pack of cigarettes.
7. How does Otto die in Chapter 16?
(a) Leonard knocks him out.
(b) A cobbler's last crushes his head.
(c) Maria shoots Otto.
(d) Otto has a heart attack.
8. What color is Maria's hair clip in Chapter 22?
(a) Green and purple.
(b) Blue and yellow.
(c) Bright red.
9. How much does Leonard's luggage weigh in Chapter 22?
(a) 20 pounds.
(b) 50 pounds.
(c) 35 pounds.
(d) 65 pounds.
10. What does Leonard order to drink when he meets MacNamee in Chapter 21?
11. How was Otto injured during the war which caused him to be transferred to a signals regiment?
(a) He contracted "trench foot" while serving in Italy.
(b) He was injured in an accident involving a drunken driver of an army truck.
(c) He contracted a veneral disease from frequenting the brothels.
(d) He was shot in combat.
12. What color of dress does Maria wear for the engagement party?
13. What are the names of Maria's friends who come to the engagement party?
(a) Sally and June.
(b) Emily and Beatrice.
(c) Jenny and Charlotte.
(d) Helen and Margot.
14. How does Leonard pass the days before his departure from Berlin in Chapter 21?
(a) Spending time with Maria.
(b) Sequestered in his apartment reading the newspaper.
(c) Seeing tourist attractions.
(d) Doing inventory at the warehouse.
15. What is the name of the man Leonard meets in Chapter 20?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the spy that Leonard reads about as his plane is taking off?
2. What does Leonard find on his office door in Chapter 17?
3. What is the name of the man in charge of the Soviet garrison who is publicizing the tunnel discovery?
4. What items does Leonard bring home from work in Chapter 17?
5. What are the two villages that Maria and Leonard explore on bikes in Chapter 13?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)