|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Leonard get his teak-lined silver-plated cigarette box that was engraved with his initials?
(a) His best friend from college gave it to him at graduation.
(b) He received it from his sweetheart.
(c) He bought it on his first day in Berlin.
(d) It was a going away present from his parents.
2. How many bedrooms does Leonard's new apartment have?
3. What is the average temperature in Berlin during Chapter 8?
(a) Minus five degrees.
(b) Minus twenty-five degrees.
(c) Minus fifteen degrees.
(d) Minus forty degrees.
4. What does Glass invite Leonard to do with him in Chapter 12?
(a) Play a chess game.
(b) Have a cup of tea.
(c) Attend a movie.
(d) Go out for a drink.
5. What movie do Leonard and Maria go to see in March in Chapter 8?
(a) It's a Wonderful Life.
(b) The Jazz Singer.
(c) 42nd Street.
6. What is the name of the forklift driver in Chapter 2?
7. What awakens Leonard after the first night he spends with Maria, in Chapter 8?
(a) A nightmare about his parents.
(b) An alarm clock.
(c) The sounds of Maria's neighbor getting ready for work.
(d) Maria talking to him.
8. What does the flavor of the coffee Leonard has with Glass in Chapter 1, remind him of?
(a) Boiled cabbage.
9. How many hours a day does Leonard work his first week in Chapter 5?
10. Why doesn't Leonard pay for the drinks at the bar in Chapter 4?
(a) Glass insists that it is his treat.
(b) He doesn't have East Marks.
(c) Russell insists that it is his treat.
(d) He left his money at home.
11. What game do the Americans set up outside the warehouse in Chapter 10?
(b) Bocci ball.
(c) Kick ball.
12. What is the housing demand like in Berlin?
(a) Housing demand is very high, even for small places with no hot water.
(b) Housing demand is low for all apartments.
(c) Housing demand is high only for apartments with hot water.
(d) Housing demand is high for buildings with elevators.
13. Where do Leonard and Maria spend the majority of their time when they are home?
(a) In the living room.
(b) Out on the balcony.
(c) In bed.
(d) In her kitchen.
14. Where does Leonard meet two Englishman in Chapter 3?
(a) He meets them at the library.
(b) He meets them at the grocery store.
(c) They are painting the apartment below him.
(d) He is introduced to them while eating in a Kneipe.
15. What does MacNamee ask Leonard to do for the British in Chapter 7?
(a) Develop equipment to monitor the Americans.
(b) Listen for electronics gossip from the Americans.
(c) Work on establishing a secondary tap from the main one in the tunnel.
(d) Deliver important messages from the top Americans to the British.
Short Answer Questions
1. What questions does Glass ask Leonard about his appearance in Chapter 8?
2. In Chapter 6, why does Leonard almost leave Maria's apartment when he wants to stay?
3. Where does Leonard put the flower that Russell gives him?
4. Where did some American tunnelers dig a practice tunnel in preparation for their work in Germany?
5. What compliment about his appearance does Maria first give Leonard in Chapter 6?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)