|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maria ask Leonard when she starts crying in Chapter 8?
(a) She asks him for money.
(b) She asks him to tell say he loves her.
(c) She asks him to stay with her.
(d) She asks him to leave.
2. Why are the English national serviceman that Leonard meets in Chapter 3 in no hurry to return home to England?
(a) They like the beer and the girls of Germany.
(b) They are getting paid very well to stay in Germany.
(c) Their families were killed during the war back in London.
(d) They don't have jobs to return to in England.
3. Where did Leonard spend World War II?
(a) In London at boarding school.
(b) With his granny in a Welshe village.
(c) In Scotland living with some distant relatives.
(d) With his family in Surrey.
4. Why does Glass think he has done Leonard a big favor in Chapter 12?
(a) He has set up a date with Leonard and a girl named Patsy.
(b) He got Maria transferred to be Leonard's assistant.
(c) He has complimented Leonard's work to MacNamee.
(d) He told Maria to apologize to him.
5. What does Major Angell's aftershave smell like?
(b) Lemon sherbert.
6. What does Glass propose to do to Leonard's letters of introduction in Chapter 2?
(a) Present them to the sentries.
(b) Shred them.
(c) Read them with the entire department.
(d) Show them to Leonard's superiors.
7. In Chapter 9, what does Leonard bring on the second day to apologize to Maria?
(a) A puppy.
8. What awakens Leonard after the first night he spends with Maria, in Chapter 8?
(a) An alarm clock.
(b) Maria talking to him.
(c) The sounds of Maria's neighbor getting ready for work.
(d) A nightmare about his parents.
9. What is the name of Maria's friend who accompanied her to the bar in Chapter 5?
10. What game do the Americans set up outside the warehouse in Chapter 10?
(a) Bocci ball.
(c) Kick ball.
11. What is Maria wearing when Leonard comes to her apartment in Chapter 6?
(a) A white button downed shirt and black skirt.
(b) A bathrobe.
(c) A navy blue uniform.
(d) A tartan skirt and red sweater.
12. What color is Maria's door?
13. What is the name of the man in charge of the CIA in Berlin?
(a) Wyatt Dunn.
(b) Seth Johnson.
(c) Bill Harvey.
(d) Dean Lewis.
14. Which is not one of the songs mentioned in Chapter 4?
(a) Miss Otis Regrets.
(b) Night and Day.
(c) What a Wonderful World.
(d) Anything Goes.
15. Where do Leonard and Maria go to remember their meeting in Chapter 8?
(a) They go to Hotel Neva in the Eastern Sector.
(b) They go dancing at the REsi.
(c) They go on a bike ride into the country.
(d) They eat at Schnellimbiss together.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take Leonard to test all of the tape recorders?
2. What is the name of the man who invented the equipment to pick up an echo from an encoded message?
3. What does Leonard use to open the boxes in Chapter 5?
4. What good news about Maria does Glass give Leonard in Chapter 12?
5. What is the name of Maria's ex-husband?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)