|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leonard drink with Glass in Chapter 9?
2. What does Leonard use to open the boxes in Chapter 5?
(a) A razor blade.
(b) A hunting knife.
(c) A pocket knife.
(d) Some culinary scissors.
3. Which is not one of the songs mentioned in Chapter 4?
(a) Night and Day.
(b) Anything Goes.
(c) Miss Otis Regrets.
(d) What a Wonderful World.
4. What does the flavor of the coffee Leonard has with Glass in Chapter 1, remind him of?
(c) Boiled cabbage.
5. Why doesn't Leonard want to dance with Maria in Chapter 4?
(a) He doesn't want to make his companions jealous.
(b) He doesn't know how to dance.
(c) He is feeling too drunk.
(d) He doesn't think she's pretty.
6. What does Maria doe for work?
(a) She is a nurse.
(b) She is a schoolteacher.
(c) She is a waitress.
(d) She is a typist and translator.
7. What awakens Leonard after the first night he spends with Maria, in Chapter 8?
(a) Maria talking to him.
(b) A nightmare about his parents.
(c) The sounds of Maria's neighbor getting ready for work.
(d) An alarm clock.
8. What is Russell's opinion of secrecy?
(a) He feels there is far too much secrecy in the world.
(b) He feels people should be more private in general.
(c) He feel no one is an effective secret-keeper.
(d) He speaks intensly about the need for greater secrecy on matters of state.
9. How many bedrooms does Leonard's new apartment have?
10. What action does Maria take in Chapter 11 to tell Leonard he is forgiven?
(a) She holds his hand.
(b) She takes off her coat.
(c) She gives him a kiss.
(d) She tells him she loves him.
11. What does Leonard smell on Glass's breath in Chapter 5?
(c) Cigarette smoke.
(d) Instand Coffee.
12. Why are the English national serviceman that Leonard meets in Chapter 3 in no hurry to return home to England?
(a) They like the beer and the girls of Germany.
(b) They are getting paid very well to stay in Germany.
(c) Their families were killed during the war back in London.
(d) They don't have jobs to return to in England.
13. What is the name of the man who invented the equipment to pick up an echo from an encoded message?
(a) David Woodruff.
(b) Caleb McNally.
(c) Philip Downs.
(d) Carl Nelson.
14. What is the name of the forklift driver in Chapter 2?
15. What is the name of the dog who is a sort of mascot for the warehouse where Leonard works?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Maria's ex-husband?
2. Where did Leonard get his teak-lined silver-plated cigarette box that was engraved with his initials?
3. What is the name of the operation that Leonard is working on?
4. Who does Leonard eat with in the canteen on a regular basis in Chapter 7?
5. How old is Maria?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)