|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Leonard describe his relationship to Glass in Chapter 12?
(a) He tells Glass he is serious about Maria.
(b) He tells Glass he doesn't know how he feels about Maria.
(c) He refuses to talk to Glass about his relationship with Maria.
(d) He tells Glass that Maria is a passing fling.
2. Where does Mr. Blake work?
(a) The Olympic Stadium.
(b) He does not disclose where he works.
(c) At the warehouse with Leonard.
(d) The Eastern Bloc.
3. Where did Leonard spend World War II?
(a) With his granny in a Welshe village.
(b) With his family in Surrey.
(c) In Scotland living with some distant relatives.
(d) In London at boarding school.
4. How did Maria learn her English?
(a) From her grandmother who used to work at an English boarding school.
(b) She learned it at boarding school.
(c) She worked as a translator during the war.
(d) Her father was English.
5. How many years does Russell estimate that the East German State will survive in Chapter 4?
6. What does Glass propose to do to Leonard's letters of introduction in Chapter 2?
(a) Shred them.
(b) Read them with the entire department.
(c) Show them to Leonard's superiors.
(d) Present them to the sentries.
7. What awakens Leonard after the first night he spends with Maria, in Chapter 8?
(a) A nightmare about his parents.
(b) Maria talking to him.
(c) An alarm clock.
(d) The sounds of Maria's neighbor getting ready for work.
8. Which of these items was not used as a layer on Leonard and Maria's bed to help keep the heat in Chapter 8?
(a) An armchair cover.
(b) Bath towels.
(c) A rug.
9. How did Maria feel about her interviews with Glass about Leonard?
(a) She found them tedious.
(b) They had frightened her.
(c) They had impressed her.
(d) She found them amusing.
10. In Chapter 9, what does Leonard bring on the second day to apologize to Maria?
(a) A puppy.
11. What is the name of the man who invented the equipment to pick up an echo from an encoded message?
(a) Caleb McNally.
(b) David Woodruff.
(c) Carl Nelson.
(d) Philip Downs.
12. What does Major Angell's aftershave smell like?
(b) Lemon sherbert.
13. According to the Englishman, how do the German women view the Russians?
(a) They prefer Americans, but can tolerate the Russians.
(b) They hate them.
(c) They all love the Russian.
(d) They are indifferent to the Russians.
14. Where do Leonard and Maria go to remember their meeting in Chapter 8?
(a) They go to Hotel Neva in the Eastern Sector.
(b) They eat at Schnellimbiss together.
(c) They go on a bike ride into the country.
(d) They go dancing at the REsi.
15. Who does Leonard eat with in the canteen on a regular basis in Chapter 7?
(a) He has become friends with the Englishmen working in the recording room.
(b) Maria comes to eat with him daily.
(c) He usually takes an empty table.
(d) He eats with Glass everyday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the operation that Leonard is working on?
2. What is the name of Maria's friend who accompanied her to the bar in Chapter 5?
3. What color is Russell's blazer in Chapter 4?
4. What does Maria serve Leonard when he first arrives in Chapter 6?
5. What is the name of the forklift driver in Chapter 2?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)