|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9, 10, 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what previous experience does Leonard have with Americans?
(a) He has a few American acquaintances, but no close relationships.
(b) He has never actually met one.
(c) His mother is American.
(d) He has several American friends.
2. Where does Leonard meet two Englishman in Chapter 3?
(a) They are painting the apartment below him.
(b) He meets them at the library.
(c) He meets them at the grocery store.
(d) He is introduced to them while eating in a Kneipe.
3. What item is Leonard unable to find while grocery shopping in Chapter 3?
(c) Instant coffee.
4. Where did Leonard get his teak-lined silver-plated cigarette box that was engraved with his initials?
(a) He bought it on his first day in Berlin.
(b) It was a going away present from his parents.
(c) His best friend from college gave it to him at graduation.
(d) He received it from his sweetheart.
5. Where does Mr. Blake work?
(a) At the warehouse with Leonard.
(b) He does not disclose where he works.
(c) The Eastern Bloc.
(d) The Olympic Stadium.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leonard ask to take home from work in Chapter 2?
2. What does Maria ask Leonard when she starts crying in Chapter 8?
3. What does Major Angell's aftershave smell like?
4. What good news about Maria does Glass give Leonard in Chapter 12?
5. In Chapter 9, what does Leonard bring on the second day to apologize to Maria?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)