Chapters 1, 2 and 3
1. In Chapter 1, what previous experience does Leonard have with Americans?
(a) He has a few American acquaintances, but no close relationships.
(b) His mother is American.
(c) He has never actually met one.
(d) He has several American friends.
2. How many bedrooms does Leonard's new apartment have?
3. Where did Leonard get his teak-lined silver-plated cigarette box that was engraved with his initials?
(a) He received it from his sweetheart.
(b) It was a going away present from his parents.
(c) He bought it on his first day in Berlin.
(d) His best friend from college gave it to him at graduation.
4. Where did Leonard spend World War II?
(a) In London at boarding school.
(b) With his granny in a Welshe village.
(c) With his family in Surrey.
(d) In Scotland living with some distant relatives.
5. How many beers does Leonard drink during his first evening in Berlin?
(a) He does not drink at all, because he wants to remain lucid.
This section contains 4,714 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)