Chapters 1, 2 and 3
• Leonard is a British postal employee who has arrived in post WWII Berlin, Germany to work.
• Upon arrival, he learns that he will be working with the American forces.
• Leonard find his apartment to be spacious and nice, he calls the contact he was given by the British officer who received him and is instructed to meet him the following day.
• Leonard has never actually met an American and finds himself being self-conscious about his British reserve.
• The next morning, Leonard meets Glass and is struck by his casualness and his manner, but agrees to make plans with Glass for the evening.
• When he arrives at the base where he will be working, he finds there is a complicated system of security clearances.
• Glass shows Leonard around the base and he discovers that the Americans are building a tunnel to the Russian occupied area with the...
This section contains 1,819 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)