|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jeeves inform Bertie of when Bertie awakes in Chapter 1?
(a) A telephone message.
(b) That an invitation has arrived.
(c) That Jeeves needs to go to the market.
(d) The news and weather.
2. What does Jeeves give Sir Roderick as he is storming out of the flat?
(a) His scarf.
(b) His watch.
(c) His briefcase.
(d) His hat.
3. Who will read to Bertie in the drawing room at the end of Chapter 6?
(b) Bingo's student.
4. What does Sir Roderick say was stolen from him while he waited in traffic?
(a) His scarf.
(b) His briefcase.
(c) His hat.
(d) His watch.
5. At the end of Chapter 2, whom has Jeeves fallen for?
(a) Miss Watson.
6. What is the name of the college club Claude and Eustace are trying to join?
(a) The Troublemakers.
(b) The Junior Gentlemen's Club.
(c) The Seekers.
(d) The Digger's Club.
7. How does Bingo's student reply when Bertie asks him some questions in Chapter 5?
(a) He talks so much Bertie asks him to stop.
(b) He says only "yes" or "no".
(c) He does not reply at all.
(d) He only says, "It's all right".
8. What does Jeeves tell Bertie not to bet on in Chapter 1?
(a) The election results.
(b) Card games.
(c) A horse.
(d) A greyhound race.
9. How might Sidney lose his employment?
(a) He may not be able to return to London in time for work.
(b) It might be discovered that he holds no university degrees.
(c) He has just offended his employer.
(d) Someone might gossip about him.
10. What does Bertie give Sidney in Chapter 4?
(a) One hundred pounds.
(b) Fifty pounds.
(c) Ten pounds.
(d) Thirty pounds.
11. What does Bertie write for Sidney in Chapter 4?
(a) A contract.
(b) A receipt.
(c) A check.
(d) A note.
12. How is the woman who Bingo has fallen for described physically?
13. Why must old Little save up money?
(a) For a round-the-world trip he is planning.
(b) For his retirement.
(c) For his own wife.
(d) To pay for his medical expenses.
14. How many cats does Jeeves say are in the bedroom?
15. Which of Bertie's relatives does Sir Roderick recall had an unhealthy obsession?
(a) Aunt Dahlia.
(b) Aunt Agatha.
(c) Uncle Henry.
(d) Uncle Thomas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does old Little become engaged to in Chapter 2?
2. How does Bertie react to what he overhears Jeeves saying about him in Chapter 5?
3. Who is Wilfred?
4. What kind of necklace is Bertie given as collateral in Chapter 4?
5. Why does Honoria become smitten with Bertie in Chapter 6?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)