|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sir Roderick's concern about Bertie?
(a) That he is not mentally stable.
(b) That he keeps company with a bad crowd.
(c) That he has no ambition.
(d) That he has a gambling problem.
2. How did Bertie and Bingo become acquainted?
(a) They competed against each other in a darts match.
(b) They worked together.
(c) They were schoolmates.
(d) Their uncles are friends.
3. Which of Bertie's relatives does Sir Roderick recall had an unhealthy obsession?
(a) Aunt Agatha.
(b) Aunt Dahlia.
(c) Uncle Henry.
(d) Uncle Thomas.
4. How might Bingo be described?
(a) As cunning.
(b) As a perfectionist.
(c) As dim-witted.
(d) As book-smart.
5. Who are Claude and Eustace?
(a) Bertie's neighbors.
(b) Bertie's nephews.
(c) Bertie's school chums.
(d) Bertie's cousins.
6. How does Bertie describe Honoria?
(a) As having a wonderful profile.
(b) As a pot of poison.
(c) As a sweet angel.
(d) As a monster.
7. What is the invitation in Chapter 3 from Aunt Agatha for?
(a) For Bertie to attend a concert with her.
(b) For a summer garden party.
(c) For a wedding.
(d) For Bertie to visit her at her hotel.
8. Why does Sidney approach Bertie in distress in Chapter 4?
(a) Sidney has locked himself out of his hotel room.
(b) Sidney has spent all his money on gambling.
(c) Sidney has spotted an old school enemy.
(d) Sidney has injured himself.
9. According to Bertie, what has Aunt Agatha done that was a mistake?
(a) Attempted to matchmake between him and a thief.
(b) Chosen to vacation abroad.
(c) Underestimated Jeeves.
(d) Lost her money at the casino.
10. Why does Bertie berate his aunt in Chapter 4?
(a) For hanging around criminals.
(b) For yelling at the innocent hotel staff.
(c) For yelling at him.
(d) For not trusting Jeeves.
11. What does Bertie think of his plan in Chapter 5?
(a) He isn't confident it will work out.
(b) He worries Jeeves would not approve.
(c) He thinks it is brilliant.
(d) He hopes Bingo is capable of pulling it off.
12. How is the woman who Bingo has fallen for described physically?
13. Where is Aunt Agatha as of Chapter 3?
14. What does Bertie give Sidney in Chapter 4?
(a) Ten pounds.
(b) Thirty pounds.
(c) Fifty pounds.
(d) One hundred pounds.
15. What does Bertie ask Jeeves' advice for in Chapter 3?
(a) How to impress his marriage prospect.
(b) How to avoid Aunt Agatha's matrimonial plans.
(c) How to befriend Sidney.
(d) What he should wear on his second date.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Claude and Eustace arrested?
2. What is the name of Claude and Eustace's companion who is with them for the day?
3. What was Bertie's relative unhealthily obsessed with in Chapter 8?
4. Who provides the allowance that Bingo live on?
5. How does Bertie react to what he overhears Jeeves saying about him in Chapter 5?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)