|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Biju take a job at the Ghandi Cafe?
(a) The workers are treated well.
(b) The pay is better.
(c) It is an all-Hindu establishment.
(d) The workers are from diverse countries.
2. What do Noni and Lola give as Christmas gifts?
(a) Authentic Tibetan mittens.
(b) Authentic Tibetan socks.
(c) Authentic English cardigans.
(d) Authentic English pullovers.
3. How were Sai's parents killed?
(a) In a riot.
(b) In a plane crash.
(c) In a car accident.
(d) As a form of capital punishment.
4. With whom does Biju get into a fight at work?
(a) A Pakistani co-worker.
(b) An American co-worker.
(c) His American boss.
(d) An Indian co-worker.
5. At which of his jobs does the boss leave Biju and his co-workers in charge?
(a) A market.
(b) A cafe.
(c) A French restaurant.
(d) A bakery.
6. Who built the judge's house?
(a) An Indian.
(b) A Scotsman.
(c) An African.
(d) An American.
7. How does Sai react when Gyan apologizes for what he said to her about Christmas?
(a) She accuses him of being jealous of her wealth.
(b) She forgives him.
(c) She accuses him of being angry because he wasn't invited.
(d) She refuses to forgive him.
8. What is taken from the judge's house in chapter 1?
(b) His dog.
9. How do Lola and Noni feel about Sai's relationship with the cook?
(a) They approve because he is a father figure to her.
(b) They disapprove because they dislike him.
(c) They approve because he is a replacement child for her.
(d) They disapprove because he is beneath her.
10. How does Sai respond to Gyan's accusations about her being a copycat?
(a) That she is nothing like Lola and Noni.
(b) That he is the true copycat.
(c) That she regrets having plagiarized.
(d) That she is free to make her own choices.
11. Why was the judge able to marry a woman from a higher caste?
(a) His wife was not desirable to men from her own caste.
(b) The judge paid off her father.
(c) The judge hid his true identity.
(d) The judge was a member of the ICS.
12. Why is Biju fired from his delivery job?
(a) The food arrives cold.
(b) His delivery bike is stolen.
(c) He hurts his leg and can no longer ride his delivery bike.
(d) He is rude to the customers.
13. What type of food does Biju deliver?
14. Where does Sai spend Christmas?
(a) Father Booty's house.
(b) Noni and Lola's house.
(c) Gyan's house.
(d) At home with the judge and the cook.
15. Where does Biju live?
(a) In Nepal.
(b) In India.
(c) In England.
(d) In America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gyan realize as soon as he leaves Sai after apologizing?
2. How does Sai and Gyan's relationship change as they spend more time together?
3. According to Sai, why can't Gyan find a decent job?
4. What does Noni believe about the Nepalese?
5. Where does a co-worker take Biju when his character is first introduced?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)