|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sai and Gyan's relationship change as they spend more time together?
(a) They are uncomfortable because they are from different classes.
(b) They resent one another.
(c) They start to fall in love.
(d) They spend more time talking about Sai's education.
2. Who has been watching Sai and Gyan's interaction at Gyan's house?
(a) Gyan's sister.
(b) Gyan's brother.
(c) Gyan's cousin.
(d) Gyan's neighbor.
3. Who does Sai visit first while hoping Gyan will come back?
(a) Uncle Potty.
(b) Lola and Noni.
(c) Father Booty.
4. What do Saeed's in-laws encourage him to do?
(a) Have children.
(b) Work for them.
(d) Divorce their daughter.
5. How were Sai's parents killed?
(a) In a car accident.
(b) As a form of capital punishment.
(c) In a plane crash.
(d) In a riot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the judge able to marry a woman from a higher caste?
2. How does Uncle Potty look at love?
3. During their tutoring sessions, what does Sai tell Noni she wants to do?
4. When the bakery closes, how does Biju's separation from Saeed affect him?
5. What effect did the judge's friend Bose have on him when he was living in England?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)