|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the judge' s memories of the last time he saw his friend Bose at a restaurant, what had they talked about?
(a) Their time together in Africa.
(b) Their time together in Australia.
(c) Their time together in England.
(d) Their time together in America.
2. What percent of the Indian population are Gorkhas?
(a) Twenty percent.
(b) Fifty percent.
(c) Ninety percent.
(d) Eighty percent.
3. Why does the judge hate the rainy season?
(a) It erodes his house, forcing him to pay for expensive repairs.
(b) It erodes his house, making him feel older.
(c) It reminds him of the weather in England, where he went to college.
(d) It makes his arthritis flair up.
4. Soon after Biju's phone call, what does Mr. Iype tell Biju is the true name of the Hudson River?
(a) The River That Flows to the Sea.
(b) The River That Flows in Circles.
(c) The River That Flows Both Ways.
(d) The Black River.
5. What does Gyan mean when he calls Sai a copycat?
(a) That she is a plagiarist.
(b) That she tries to be just like Lola and Noni.
(c) That she is trying to be just like Gyan.
(d) That she is imitating Western culture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Iype, the newsagent, tell Biju?
2. What effect did the judge's friend Bose have on him when he was living in England?
3. What effect does the rainy season have on the cook?
4. Why does Biju go to Kathmandu?
5. What do the rebels do to Lola and Noni?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)