|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gyan begin to realize about love as he and Sai grow apart?
(a) That they are too young to be in love.
(b) That it can be used for all kinds of purposes.
(c) That he should enjoy her love while he has it.
(d) That she is his one true love.
2. After Gyan and Sai's first meeting, why does the cook think it strange that Gyan is Nepalese?
(a) He thinks the Nepalese aren't very attractive.
(b) Gyan's clothing did not look Nepalese.
(c) Gyan's accent did not sound Nepalese.
(d) He thinks the Nepalese aren't very intelligent.
3. What effect does the rainy season have on the cook?
(a) His food supply is poisoned by the insect spray.
(b) His letters from Biju are wet and illegible.
(c) His food supplies are limited.
(d) He has to walk through mud to the market.
4. According to Sai, why can't Gyan find a decent job?
(a) Because he lacks experience.
(b) Because he's not intelligent enough.
(c) Because he can't afford decent clothes for interviews.
(d) Because he isn't Westernized.
5. As they gain power, who do the GNLF use it against?
(a) The British.
(b) The Indians.
(c) The wealthy.
(d) The poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sai serve to the judge at the beginning of the novel?
2. In the judge' s memories of the last time he saw his friend Bose at a restaurant, what had they talked about?
3. Where does Biju live?
4. What types of memories are instilled in the judge by the theft of his trunk?
5. Why isn't Biju permitted to apply for a green card?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)