|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gyan realize as soon as he leaves Sai after apologizing?
(a) Their romance is interfering with his new adult responsibilities.
(b) He needs to try to see things her way.
(c) Their romance is worth preserving at any cost.
(d) He needs to try to change her mind.
2. What effect did the judge's friend Bose have on him when he was living in England?
(a) He introduces him to important people.
(b) He makes him more of a pessimist.
(c) He helps the judge develop English mannerisms.
(d) He convinces the judge to hold onto his Indian ways.
3. Why does Biju go to Kathmandu?
(a) To obtain a visa.
(b) To train for a job as a restaurant chef.
(c) To train for a job on a cruise ship.
(d) To train for a job on a railroad train.
4. Why did the cook sacrifice a chicken and goat?
(a) So that his son would have prosperity.
(b) So that his wife's ghost would not take his son with her.
(c) So that the cook would have prosperity.
(d) So that his wife's ghost would not take the cook with her.
5. What did his wife do when the judge first returned from England?
(a) She questioned him suspiciously.
(b) She welcomed him happily.
(c) She refused to let him in the house.
(d) She went through his things.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did people respond to his English manners when the judge first returned from England?
2. How do Lola and Noni respond to the Gorkhas marching in the street?
3. What does Biju have to do to obtain a visa?
4. Why was the judge able to marry a woman from a higher caste?
5. How does Sai feel about the cook?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)