|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the judge hate the rainy season?
(a) It makes his arthritis flair up.
(b) It reminds him of the weather in England, where he went to college.
(c) It erodes his house, making him feel older.
(d) It erodes his house, forcing him to pay for expensive repairs.
2. What is the GNLF?
(a) The radical youth wing fighting to have the Indians removed from Bengal.
(b) The radical youth wing fighting for their own homeland.
(c) The radical youth wing fighting for the right to emigrate to America.
(d) The radical youth wing fighting to rule over India.
3. Into what caste was the judge's father born?
(a) The peasant caste.
(b) The middle class.
(c) The wealthy caste.
4. Who approaches the judge's house at the beginning of the novel?
(a) A homeless beggar.
(b) A young Nepalese men.
(c) Sai's tutor.
(d) A neighbor.
5. What is taken from the judge's house in chapter 1?
(b) His dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Noni and Lola give as Christmas gifts?
2. What advice does Noni give Sai while she is tutoring her?
3. What do many of the people from Bengal begin to desire?
4. What is Gyan's response when the judge asks him what poets he admires?
5. Why is Noni sometimes jealous of Lola?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)