|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 | Chapter 15 and Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What types of memories are instilled in the judge by the theft of his trunk?
(a) Memories of his college years.
(b) Memories of a cruise he took.
(c) Memories of his daughter.
(d) Memories of his wife.
2. At which of his jobs does the boss leave Biju and his co-workers in charge?
(a) A French restaurant.
(b) A market.
(c) A bakery.
(d) A cafe.
3. In what types of places does Biju work?
(a) Basement kitchens.
(b) Fast-food establishments.
4. Why isn't Biju permitted to apply for a green card?
(a) There are too many Indians who want one.
(b) He has no permanent address.
(c) He is unemployed.
(d) He has not lived there long enough.
5. Into what caste was the judge's father born?
(a) The wealthy caste.
(c) The peasant caste.
(d) The middle class.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is sent to the police station after the judge is robbed?
2. Who approaches the judge's house at the beginning of the novel?
3. How do Biju and Saeed Saeed feel about each other when they first meet?
4. Why was the judge able to marry a woman from a higher caste?
5. During their tutoring sessions, what does Sai tell Noni she wants to do?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)