|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 42 and Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uncle Potty procure in Darjeeling?
2. Soon after Biju's phone call, what does Mr. Iype tell Biju is the true name of the Hudson River?
(a) The River That Flows Both Ways.
(b) The Black River.
(c) The River That Flows to the Sea.
(d) The River That Flows in Circles.
3. As they gain power, who do the GNLF use it against?
(a) The poor.
(b) The wealthy.
(c) The British.
(d) The Indians.
4. What happened between the judge and his wife after these initial problems?
(a) They both became more understanding and their relationship improved.
(b) Their relationship worsened.
(c) He became more understanding and their relationship improved.
(d) She became more understanding and their relationship improved.
5. Where does a co-worker take Biju when his character is first introduced?
(a) To a bar.
(b) To a prostitute.
(c) To meet his family.
(d) To interview for a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sai's first tutor?
2. At which of his jobs does the boss leave Biju and his co-workers in charge?
3. What is one of the main privileges the judge loses when he first returns from England?
4. When Sai confronts Gyan about his sudden changes in behavior toward her, how does he respond?
5. What does Sai tell the cook after accepting Gyan's apology?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)