|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19 | Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Biju's job when his character is first introduced?
(a) Selling hot dogs.
(b) Selling pizza.
(c) Selling ice cream.
(d) Working at an Indian cafe.
2. In his second year abroad, why does the wife of Biju's boss give him toiletries?
(a) It is part of his room and board arrangement.
(b) She thinks he smells.
(c) He can't afford to buy them himself.
(d) She can get them very cheaply.
3. Why was the judge able to marry a woman from a higher caste?
(a) The judge paid off her father.
(b) His wife was not desirable to men from her own caste.
(c) The judge was a member of the ICS.
(d) The judge hid his true identity.
4. What effect does the rainy season have on the cook?
(a) His food supplies are limited.
(b) His food supply is poisoned by the insect spray.
(c) His letters from Biju are wet and illegible.
(d) He has to walk through mud to the market.
5. Why don't Lola and Noni trust their watchman?
(a) He is a former prison inmate.
(b) He is Pakistani.
(c) He is Nepali.
(d) He has stolen from them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Biju fired from his delivery job?
2. What do Saeed's in-laws encourage him to do?
3. What do the police examine at the cook's home?
4. How does Sai and Gyan's relationship change as they spend more time together?
5. Why isn't Biju permitted to apply for a green card?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)