|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19 | Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Saeed's in-laws encourage him to do?
(a) Work for them.
(b) Have children.
(c) Divorce their daughter.
2. Why is Biju fired from his delivery job?
(a) He is rude to the customers.
(b) His delivery bike is stolen.
(c) The food arrives cold.
(d) He hurts his leg and can no longer ride his delivery bike.
3. How does Sai feel about the cook?
(a) She thinks their class differences are completely irrelevant.
(b) She dislikes him.
(c) She finds his lower-class status distasteful.
(d) She feels close to him.
4. Why isn't Biju permitted to apply for a green card?
(a) He has no permanent address.
(b) There are too many Indians who want one.
(c) He is unemployed.
(d) He has not lived there long enough.
5. What do many of the people from Bengal begin to desire?
(a) To become the ruling class.
(b) To have the Indians removed from Bengal.
(c) To go to America.
(d) To return to India and have their own state.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his second year abroad, why does the wife of Biju's boss give him toiletries?
2. What does the cook sell to supplement his income?
3. What was the job of the judge's father-in-law?
4. What was the job of the judge's father?
5. What type of person is Saeed Saeed?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)