|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sai tell the cook after accepting Gyan's apology?
(a) That she plans to try to change herself for Gyan.
(b) That she is in love with Gyan.
(c) That she plans to try to change Gyan.
(d) That Gyan is not very intelligent.
2. What effect did the judge's friend Bose have on him when he was living in England?
(a) He introduces him to important people.
(b) He convinces the judge to hold onto his Indian ways.
(c) He helps the judge develop English mannerisms.
(d) He makes him more of a pessimist.
3. What does Gyan's house look like?
(a) Clean and ornate.
(b) Dirty and poor.
(c) Dirty and formerly ornate.
(d) Clean and simple.
4. How does Gyan describe Sai and her father to his friends in Thapa's Canteen?
(a) He respects them.
(b) He pities them.
(c) He can tell they are jealous of him.
(d) He admires them.
5. What does Sai tell Gyan is the purpose of her visit to his home?
(a) To reconcile with Gyan.
(b) To resume math tutoring.
(c) To join the rebellion.
(d) To discuss Father Booty's deportation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gyan realize as soon as he leaves Sai after apologizing?
2. Why does the judge hate the rainy season?
3. Why is Sai shocked by Gyan's house?
4. What does Sai feel towards Gyan when she sees his house?
5. Why does Gyan feel embarrassed to be seen eating with Sai?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)